hello, (note from 04/09/21)

hi, so i know it's been over a year since i made this book but i just wanted to add a few things and let anyone who has read this book know some things that i want to say.

1) some of the things i said here (like being unaware of how chng.org deals w/ donations) or how i explained them wasn't exactly perfect— i don't really think i'll edit it though because most, if not hopefully all, of the information is correct, just not perfectly worded. (i also don't want to spam people who have this saved to their library or something.) this is completely my fault of course, some things could have been worded better, but there is no misinformation. i'm just not 100% okay w/ how i put some things, but as long as there is no issue with it (?), it's okay. back then (a year ago during august) i wasn't as informed as i was now, so i wasn't able to provide insight that wasn't just shallow information. i don't want to delete this either, because if someone is not informed at all, i'd rather that this wattpad book be their beginning than nothing at all, and that they stay on the outside. if someone is willing to START learning, then this book has fulfilled its purpose. keep following black creators and advocates all over social media, attending & organising protests while being safe, signing petitions at the very least, donating to MUTUAL AID if you can, and supporting black people in your community and your circle. it doesn't end after signing a few petitions, the work of being an ally to the black community and continuing to fight for black lives matter AS A MOVEMENT goes beyond the screen. it starts with listening to black voices, so please continue doing that.

2) inform yourself about other causes (while taking care of yourself and knowing your triggers if applicable). systems of oppression are everywhere and beginning to dismantle each one the best we can is important for every single person. some other causes to look into via carrds, social media, people you know, etc., are free palestine, stop asian hate, indigenous rights (MMIW too), women's rights, lgbtqia+ rights, etc. to learn more about this, visit the links in my bio and try to do what was advised before this. if you'd like to learn more about palestine from someone who is palestinian, i am free on instagram or discord and probably won't mind providing you w/ links to help. if you're looking to argue about "palestine vs. israel" do not text me at all, (yes, that's happened before). thank you.

3) an important note (from the carrd by the url of dotherightthing.carrd.co ) i'd just like to add here for people to keep in mind— 

"no amount of resources in any carrd can represent world issues in a way that's complex enough to do them justice

"no amount of resources in any carrd can represent world issues in a way that's complex enough to do them justice."

4) practice intersectionality. this is important to every single cause so please inform yourself & be mindful of it. here's an article to START learning about what intersectionality means when it comes to these types of things & the origins of it, https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/2019/5/20/18542843/intersectionality-conservatism-law-race-gender-discrimination . a brief definition of intersectionality can also be "intersectionality refers to a theory in sociology that outlines how an individual may face multiple types of overlapping discrimination depending on their race, gender, ethnicity, physical ability, class or any other characteristic that might place them in a minority class."

okay, i think that's all. thank you if you read this, and if there's anything you'd like to let me know, dm me here or on other platforms. stay safe.