Chapter 6

Maeve's Pov

I woke up the next morning with a pounding head ache and a sore body. I couldn't remember what happened until I realized I was wearing Tony's shirt. The memories came rushing back bringing tears to my eyes. I got up and decided that I wasn't going to go to school today. Oh, I should probably text Jax and let him know. Grabbing my phone I sent him a short version of what happened yesterday and told him that I wasn't going to school today. He replied and said to call or text him back if I needed anything. He is so sweet.

I went downstairs after taking a quick shower and changing into some sweats but keeping Tony's shirt on. Walking into the kitchen I saw my mom, aunt, uncle, Brighton and brother and sisters sitting at the table. Walking over I kissed my mom on the top of the head and gave my siblings hugs to which I got small half-smiles in return. Sitting down everyone stared at me. Why were they staring at  me?

"So, Brighton told us about the rouge that attacked you. Care to share why you didn't say anything at the hospital?" Mom asked. Oh, right. I'm stilling killing those three for giving me the credit.

"Um, I kinda forgot about it when I got to the hospital after. Sorry." I said blushing. Mom looked at me then she started cry shocking everyone. That was so out of left field.

"My baby had to kill a rouge all by herself! The same one that attacked my cheating ass of a husband. What would I have done if she had gotten hurt? Huh? Huh?!" Mom sobbed. Well I guess she knew that he was cheating on her this entire time. I got up and went and kneeled next to her and took her hands she looked at me with tears in her eyes. Oh, let it be known that when you see your parents crying that it sucks and totally makes you want to cry with them.

"Mom, I'm fine and  Tony is going to be fine." I told her. She nodded her head the looked at my shoulder with a look that I couldn't decipher. Then she exploded.

"What the hell is that! Who marked you? You found your mate? Why in the hell did you not say anything?" She questioned me while every one except Brighton looked at me in shock.

"Mom, yes I found my mate and I didn't say anything because I didn't and don't know how you're going to react." I told her calmly.

"What do you mean how I would react? What's wrong you can tell me anything." She said holding my face. Oh boy, she's going to kill me.

"Uh, my mates the soon to be alpha of the Blue Moon Pack." I answered her waiting for her to rip me a new one both verbally and possibly physically.

"Honey, that's wonderful and there isn't anything to be ashamed about." Mom said hugging me. What the hell? Okay, so not the response I was waiting for but, hey who am I to complain.

"Rachel, she committed treason and you're congratulating her, what is wrong with you?" Aunt Marnie asked my mother astonished.

"Nothing is wrong with me and she didn't commit treason, its not his or her fault and would you shut up? You're ruining my daughters moment." Mom snapped. Whoa, didn't see that one coming. Aunt Marnie's jaw dropped. She got up and so did Uncle Andy and Brighton and they left. Brighton giving me a wink over my mom's shoulder.

Wow, maybe this whole mating thing isn't so bad after all. Or so I thought.