Boy#2

Conan's POV

"Boy you think I'm dumb tryna pull one on me like I've never been kissed. You had a couple of exes and I know that they let you get away with it. But you're a boy, and I can tell that you've never been hugged boy. I can do better than this"

"Damn that burns, man!!!" Ashley whined, a hand grabbing her chest as if someone missed their throat punch and it landed on her chest.

"I mean I'm not unoffended-"

"Hah! ANDDD you're scared shitless, Mr Cone. Don't worry you'll sweep her right off her feet, won't take a lot of trying" she shrugged, giggling afterwards.

"Shut up Ashley. I'm not scared" I took a sip of my coffee. "And I'm not sweeping any English girl off of her feet".

I know Billie and I know how she was the last time we spoke after she stole Heather from me. My Heather. I also knew exactly how this one's going to go and I'm all for it.

Maisie's POV

"Billie, please stop calling me. I can't do this anymore and that's all I've been telling you for the past four days-"

"Explanations!! I need explanations Maisie. You can't leave me hanging like this. Baby I-"

My eyes sting at her words. I took a sharp breath, "Then don't hang on. Let me go Billie I'm begging you".

"But baby-"

"I don't feel the need to explain myself Billie!! I have no love left in me for you. And I hope you leave before I hurt you even more than this-"

"Are you ready? I've been knocking but you can't answer" Jamie said standing at the door.

I greeted her with a smile "Almost. Please come in". I hung up the phone and picked an outfit for the first meeting.

Conan's POV

"I heard you were Billie's girl" I said as I shook her hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too" she said and made herself feel at home, taking a seat.

Before I could form a sentence she said "I have my boundaries so please make sure you're not crossing them and I hope we could work together as they expect us to be"

"So you consider yourself a colleague?"

"Yes. That's what we are to each other. And you don't ask the colleague you just met too much about their personal life. It's rude".

"So, this is my favourite cafe here in New York. If you're staying with me, we're going to this place quite often. Do you need help with the menu...or something?" And that, was when I realised she's sucking her tears back, head hanging low. Man did I say something wrong?

I cleared my throat. "Are are you okay?"

She looked up and a dry laugh escaped her lips. "Silly I was being so rude. Let's start over, shall we? I'm Maisie. Maisie Hannah Peters". She held out a hand which I took.

"Conan. Conan Lee Gray. It's a pleasure to meet you".