Chapter Six

I parked the car in the garage and took the stuff out the cargo area of my pickup. I kept in mind to get these things to Arton’s shop for restoration in the afternoon.

“Was there any customers?”, I asked.

“No.”, Damian muttered. “It’s fucking early.”

I contained my anger and sighed. Then I looked at Daniel who was polishing the silver ware.

But then the phone rang, and I answered.

“Northern Lights Archeology, what can I do for you?”, I asked.

“Hey, Dominic, it’s Rick. There’s a yard sale here at Mr. Jameson’s place.”

I was shocked. Mr. Jameson is fucking rich… and he’s a hoarder…

“HOW?”, I asked. “He got over the hoarding. But the really valuable stuff worthy of being displayed in the Smithsonian is kept.”

“DAMN! Count me in!”, I said. “See you.”

I cut the line and dialed Jed.

“Jed-”

“I know, man! I’m on my way!”, Jed said; and I could hear the his car roar to life in the background.

“See you there!”, I said. I pocketed my phone and turned to Daniel.

“Daniel, I’m going to a yard sale. Take charge for a while.”, I said.

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Thanks! Go on ahead!”, Daniel said, waving the cloth in his hands; gesturing me to get going.

I looked at Damian and told him to come. He grunted and came into the car with me.

The drive was quiet… nothing was exchanged for the ten minute drive. I parked the car and urged Damian to get out the car. He groaned and came along.

Jed spotted me and we went around the huge yard together. a lot of people are here, but there are a lot of stuff to go around.

“What the fuck are you doing with your… sibling?”, Jed asked me quietly through gritting teeth while Damian just trailed behind us; not even noticing the stuff around.

“He’s… I’m trying to get him out.”, I said. “Out what?”, he exclaimed.

“Shut up!”, I said, punching his arm because Damian is right behind us.

“I’m trying to make him not end up like my dad.”, I continued.

Jed looked at me and snorted. “Good luck.”, was all he said.

I sighed and spotted a box… a carton box that’s starting to rot.

“Damian.”, I called. Damian cocked an eyebrow and looked at me, irritated.

“Check this out.”, I said, approaching the box. “What about it? It’s molding.”, he muttered.

I sighed, irritated, and looked into the box.

“JED!”, I yelled.

“What?”, Jed replied from somewhere.

“I found promo cars!”

Jed appeared behind me and reached into the box.

The box is filled with car stuff… ornaments, car door handles, side view mirrors and, like I said, promo cars.

“What the hell are promo cars? They’re just toys.”, Damian said.

“Yeah… toys I would never let children play with! These toys are worth a grand a piece!”, Jed said, reaching for the small ’65 Chevy pickup. We found all sorts of models. Even Jeeps and Volvos.