Chapter 2 ⚠️TW⚠️

They arrive at Annabelles house and see blood everywhere inside. They walk in and yell Annabelle and her mums name Suzan. They here someone crying and run into the kitchen to find Suzan in the corner of the kitchen crying covered in blood and cuts everywhere.

"Suzan are you ok can you tell us what happened here we can help we promise" max softly comfortably says to her "boys get the first aid kit in the bathroom upstairs to your right"

"Got it" jj, rafe, pope all say

Topper and Caleb are looking around the massive house for any clue to where Annabelle is or anyone else who might have been involved.

"Now Suzan do you want me to call an ambulance and police or should I leave it"

"Don't call anyone or you kids will be on your death bed" Suzan's crokey voice muttered

"Ok no police, no ambulance or anyone will be called" max softly said gesturing topper to put the phone down "can you tell me what happened no one else has to hear I just need to know"

"Ok don't tell anyone except for these young men and they are not to tell a soul" the woman's crokey voice explained "he came back from Australia stormed through the door and started to smash stuff I told Lucas to go up to his bedroom and Annabelle tried to defend herself. He got plates and started to smash them on me punched me, slapped me and then he kicked me. I looked up and he grabbed Annabelle and stormed back out of the door and threatened to kill me if I called the police"

Max was in shock then remembered Lucas Annabelles brother would be in him room so she ran up stairs past the boys and went to his room but it was locked.

"Hey Lucas it's me max Annabelles best friend remember me I've come to check you are alright open the door let me in and we can go get some ice cream"

The door unlocked and opened max stepped in and saw Lucas cuddling his teddy bear. He looked like he just saw a ghost. Lucas was scared, frightened and in shock, last time he saw his dad he was a genuine man so kind and so gentle. Then he came back smashing stuff yells and abusing his own family. This was a lot for a 7 year old to take in.