Kiss

Tutoring was the same thing everyday. Especially if Bad didn't have any cheer practice or cheering for the sport teams.

She would sit in her teacher's classroom, wait until the bell rang and wait until the people she gave help to came in.

Looking at the white-cover spiral notebook in front of her while twirling a mechanical pencil in her other hand, she waited for the routine of people she was tutoring to come in when the bell rang.

Not long before people did come in. She usually sees Puffy, a guy who had two-toned black and peachy-white curly hair, Quackity, a girl who only had gotten her nickname because of her duck-themed backpack, and Ponk, another girl who just liked lemons and also liked one of Bad's cheer teammates.

They would all sit at the front table with Bad. She would sit with her back closest to the wall and usually three chairs surrounded the rectangle wooden table.

"Hey," Puffy poked his head through the door before entering. "How you doing today, Bad?"

Bad dug into her backpack to pull out a few papers that had a few neon streaks on them, "I'm dong fine today, how are you?"

"Just fine?" Puffy raised a brow.

The brunette nodded.

Puffy pulled out one of the chairs, taking off his backpack and placing it down next to him before sitting in the chair. "I'm doing fine also."

"Hey Bad, Puffy!" Quackity walked into the classroom, her bag over her shoulder as he gripped the handle.

Bad gave a friendly smile as Quacktiy walked over to pull out a chair and sit in it.

"Hi Quackity," Bad and Puffy said in unison.

"Is Ponk coming today?" Bad asked, looking at the black-haired girl while she took out some papers out of her backpack.

Quackity looked up at Bad, "Uh- I don't think so? She wasn't in my 3rd and 5th period."

"Maybe she's obsessing over that one girl, again. What was her name? Sam?" Puffy teased.

Bad chuckled, "She's probably just missed the bus today, it happens."

"You can't say that Bad, you're a goody-two shoes," Quackity huffed as she placed a small pile of papers on the table that followed with a blue mechanical pencil. "You rarely miss a day of school."

Puffy raised a brow towards Quackity, "You sayin' that Ponk purposely misses school?"

Quackity grabbed the paper that was on top of her paper stack and held her pencil with an accusing look at Puffy, "No! I'm mot saying that, Bad just goes out of her way to get to school."

Bad bashfully averted her eyes, "I just don't want to have to learn the topic by myself."

The conversation soon dissolved into a comfortable silence that was accompanied by the white-noise of lead writing on paper and occasionally the rustle of paper and eraser noises.

Focuses on the topic were soon broken when a knock on the classroom door startled the silence. Bad looked at the person who was standing in the doorway, then felt her heart skip a beat.

The girl had brown skin, black hair that flowed down to her shoulders and wore the school uniform of a short-sleeved white button up and a red pleated skirt that was just slightly above her knees.

Bad panicked, it was the same girl who made her heart go boom-boom-bam, and get all funny inside.

"I'm here for tutoring?" The girl asked, Bad internally swooned over her voice.

Quackity looked at Bad, "We have a new person?"

Bad hurriedly scrambled her thoughts, "I- Uh- I didn't know- know either."

Unbeknownst to Bad, Puffy gave a questioning look towards his tutor.

The teacher who was monitoring the tutor session nodded as he guided his hand towards Bad and her group sitting, "Take a seat right there."

When the brown-skinned girl looked at Bad then back to nod before she walked over to the table, pulled out an empty chair to sit in as she placed her backpack next to her, Bad was convinced that she was floating on a cloud.

Puffy waved to the girl, "Hi! I'm Puffy."

The girl gave a friendly smile before gently waving back, "I'm Skeppy."

Before Bad made a fool of herself by continuously staring at her, she gave a small smile at Skeppy, "Hi Skeppy! I'm Bad, I'm the one who tutors."

"I'm Quackity," Quackity piped in.

Bad's heart thumped loudly when Skeppy looked at Bad. She quickly averted her eyes in case if her face got red.

"Do you need any help with your home- homework?" Bad quickly piped in.

Skeppy chuckled, "That's why I'm here. I need to get my grades up higher if I want to compete against the other schools."

Quackity's eyes brightened, "Oh, what sport are you in?"

"Tennis."

As the people Bad was tutoring started questioning Skeppy on her skill level, Bad quietly began working on her own homework.

Or at least attempting to.

She pretended like she knew what the subject of her homework was but her heart couldn't stop beating and was awfully distracting her as Skeppy's voice was the only thing she could focus on.