Chapter 3 - Attractive Danger

Fear ran even faster down his veins, and he rushed towards her, but before he could reach her, she stood up and sidestepped him.

This wasn't the first time something like this was happening. It was always boiling down to the fact that they weren't real mates.

The Luna and Alpha Gery spoke in hushed tones at the far end of the room, while Zezi made sure to stay far away from George as much as the small room could allow. George leaned against the wall, tugging at his hair and sighing while he thought about the consequences of what he had done.

He mostly definitely didn't want to turn rogue once again.

When the Alpha and Luna were done arguing, they came back to the table.

"I will sign the deal."

There was silence.

"You will take a message to where we found the body to alert them that we are ready to submit."

Zezi nodded. She would have to go to the border of the Capital of Teeland, the Capital being where they were.

"I will go with her." George started walking towards the table.

"That will be impossible. You will be taking your sweet time in the dungeon thinking about the consequences of what you have done here today."

Before anyone could say or do anything, guards rushed into the room and bound him with silver chains. He didn't resist but the pain that lashed across his skin made him groan loudly in pain as they dragged him away.

When he was gone, the Alpha handed Zezi a stamped message and left the room. Zezi knew that the only reason why the Alpha would choose to send George to the dungeon instead of banishing him or doing something worse was because of the Luna. So immediately after he left, she turned to the Luna and thanked her.

"No problem with that at all, Zezi. How about your arm, does it hurt?"

Zezi subconsciously brushed her hand against her arching arm. It did, but it was healing fast. The reason why it even hurt to begin with was because of the kind of force George, as a Beta, commanded.

"Does he do this all the time? Are you safe?"

Different images of when something like this had happened in the past flashed before her eyes and she blinked to lock the images away. She took consolation in the fact that it wasn't him, it was his beast.

"He loves him." Zezi finally said.

"Does his wolf?"

"His wolf sees me as a stranger." Before the Luna could say anymore, Zezi added. "We have been together for years. What matters is that he loves me."

The Luna nodded, backing down. "I will just go and get Mira while you send the message."

"That won't be necessary, Luna. She is with Aunt Alice and I won't be gone for long."

The Luna started leaving. She was always one for white silky gowns, and even as she parted, the moonlight from the window seemed to shine upon her. "If you want to see him before you leave..."

"I don't." Zezi smiled, thanking her. "I will be on my way now."

***

That night, Zezi had sent the message. When she got back, George had been released from the dungeon. He apologized to her for his behavior, just like he had done every time something like that had happened. They both knew it was something he couldn't control yet it didn't change the fact that it hurt.

They got a message from the Vampire King again. This time, it wasn't a body. Maybe because their intention to surrender was now clear. They found the letter stuck with an arrow on one of the trees around the Capital's border.