Chapter 7: The Dark Spore

Ryo and Ken had continued to explore the desert, eventually getting a lead.

They had eventually found Milleniummon. The digimon had once again told Ryo that he was the boy's true partner, But swiftly the human boys had their digimon digivolve into Stingmon and Strikedramon.
Strikedramon, his hair now fire and white-blue, attacked first.

"Strike Fang!" Swiftly, the commando dragon burst into flames and rammed into Milleniummon.

The fusion virus batted Strikedramon away with a large hand; It was Stingmon's turn.

"Spinning Spiking Strike!" Stingmon began to kick swiftly and quickly, surrounding Milleniummon with blades of wind that actually hurt him.

Strikedramon swiftly ran forward, going to swipe at Milleniummon with his claws. Using the cannon on his back, Milleniummon began to shoot at the two champions. Swiftly, as the two were faster than Milleniummon, they dodged and countered, with Strike Fang and Spiking Strike. With their combined attacks, they managed to at least bring Milleniummon down… for now.

When the digimon collapsed, however, as Stingmon reverted to Wormmon and Ken was celebrating their victory("We did it, Ryo! Wormmon! Strikedramon!") strange… spore-like things headed for the group, specifically Ryo.

"...! Ryo! Watch out!" Ken pushed Ryo out of the way, and a cry of pain soon followed as the barrage stopped, and the eight-year old fell to the ground, writhing in pain.

"K… Ken!" Ryo, needless to say, freaked. Ken was like a little brother to him… Both Ichijouji boys were like his brothers... His parents were neglectful, so he had only them. He barely noticed Strikedramon picking up Ken.

"Let's hurry… He's burning up." the commando dragon ordered. The other two nodded, and they rushed from the desert, ignoring that Milleniummon was standing and laughing softly.

You will be mine… he softly murmured, Ryo Akiyama… You WILL be my human!

-

It took them more time than Ryo wanted it to to reach the end of the forest. Waiting for them, was an old man who called himself Gennai.

He… he said he could not only lead them to the others... (Who were apparently back home, other than Sam, he was missing), but also… help Ken…

Ryo agreed to this immediately. He'd worry about Sam later. The other boy was a genius, THE Ichijouji Genius. He'd be fine.

He knew Sam would be. His current worry was Ken.