Chapter 8

19 years old.

June.

"You're a nerd."

Sasuke stops writing to look at his side, where Naruto is leaning over his bench looking at the notes he writes on the notebook's sheet. His writing is neat and tidy, even though the teacher speaks too quickly. Naruto raises his eyes from the paper to look at him from his place. His jaw resting against the back of his hand, his lips pulling a small, mischievous smile at the edges.

Sasuke frowns. "I'm not a nerd. Itachi is the nerd."

Naruto chuckles. His blue eyes sparkle with amusement as he says, "Itachi is not a nerd, Sasuke, Itachi is only talented. And wise, which is different. You're a nerd." He points out, and smiles, his eyebrows rising and the corner of his eyes wrinkling. His hair falls over his eyes a little (it has grown in the last month, Sasuke realizes) when he adds, his voice sparkling. "A bastard nerd."

Sasuke tightens his lips together and his nose wrinkles a little at the same time that his eyes narrow, sharp and edgy towards the stupid blond guy lying on the middle of his desk (and no, that's definitely not a pout, Sasuke does not pout. The Uchihas are too proud to do something as mundane and ridiculous as that.)

There is a low growl that grows deep in his throat. "You idiot," he mutters, irritated. "Let me work." He orders, and pushes the palm of his hand against Naruto's face as he leans forward and hits his nose against his arm. "Usuratonkachi." He complains, and pushes until Naruto returns to his seat against his will.

"Aw, teme, come on, don't get mad."

Sasuke ignores him as he tries to recap his notes where he left them.

"Sasuke."

The voice of his teacher is too low. Maybe he should ask him to speak louder...? Hm. No. Okay, it looks like he's talking about the next topic now. Hell, Naruto, now he'll have to ask for the notes of what he lost to someone.

Shikamaru?

A look to the front, two places of distance, indicate him that it is not a good option unless he wants to see drool on the notebook. Why is Shikamaru so lazy? He doesn't sleep in his house or what?

"Sasukeee."

All right. No problem. Maybe Sakura has them. He will get them later, he has to write for now.

"Bastard."

The lymphatic system is connected to the osmolar balance and also collects quilio from the intestinal content...

"Bastard, listen to me."

... The bone marrow is one of the primary lymphoid organs...

"Bastard. Bastard, bastard, bastard, listen to me. Don't be an ass."

... The scam too...

"Teme, you know I like you are a nerd. I don't understand why you get so angry about it."

If only he could shut up a damn time.

"Sasukeeeee. Sasuke, is enough. I love you, Sasuke, but you're a total bastard."

Holy shit. His hand contracts involuntarily and the tip of his pen sticks hard on the paper. Great. Excellent. In fact, it digs in so hard that the tip is ruined. Now the imbecile owes him a new pen.

"Was it because I mentioned Itachi? Are you jealous, you cocky bastard?"

Ignore him, Sasuke. Ignore him.

"Sasuke."                         

Well, he's sure that the tension in his shoulders from slouching so much over his notebook can be see miles away.