• Adapting •

The kitsune stared down at the former Uppermoons, a clear look of displease on her face.

" You want to help that demon girl."

As much as embarrassing for the former demons to be on their knees, heads down, in front of the yokai, they had no choice but to lower themselves to gain the kitsune's favour.

Kokushibou, Douma and Akaza nodded.

" And you want me to turn you into..."

They nodded.

She clicked her tongue. " It is not within my power to do so. After all, being in animal form is your punishment."

" But you can ask for permission right?" Douma chirped." Supernatural creatures usual have connections with the...you know."

" ...And what will I gain from helping you?" She swished her multiple tails behind her in annoyance. " You, former Uppermoon 2 -- I remember seeing you dumping some half eaten women in the river. And you, Kokushibou -- trying to enter this very temple to devour a human centuries ago."

"...I remember the burn you gave me." The wolfdog mumbled. At that time when he was a demon, there was some kind of barrier that threw him off his feet when he tried to enter the temple. He also had a fight with this kitsune, only to have retreat in shame as he was burnt with the supernatural power.

The kitsune snapped her head towards Akaza. She glared at him but said nothing. The cat silently let out a relief sigh. There was a tense silence as the yokai thought about something.

" If I help you three," she spoke, " there will be a price of your action."

" How come we still get punishment even when we try to help someone else?" Akaza argued. " And what is it?"

The kitsune whispered the price they have to pay in order to gain what they wanted. For a moment, the three of them had nothing to say, as they glanced at each other. Then they nodded.

" We've used to it." Kokushibou said

" I guess it's not that bad." Douma agreed.

" But..." Akaza frowned slightly. " What about our owners? We can't just...leave them." He looked at his comrades.

" Well, that's your problem, not mine." The kitsune sighed. " So now that you three have agreed to it, I'll meet you here next month."

" Wait, I have a question." Kokushibou looked up. " Before...what do you want with Nezuko?"

The yokai hummed softly, a blank expression on her face.

" You might find out soon enough, now that you've decided to get involved in this matter."

___________

" Deku-kun! " Ochako grabbed the boy's shoulders and shook him violently.

Snapping out of his daydream, Izuku looked at his friend in alarm." Wha -- Uraraka-san, sorry, what was it you were saying?"

" Mina-san was calling you!" She said, a small smile on her face.

" Focus, Midoriya-san!" Ashido huffed, glaring at him." The festival is around the edge and I still see your movements resembles a robot! Move your elbows more fluently! Like the flow of the river!" 

Ah, right, the U.A Festival. Class 1-A would be performing a music concert and they had spent countless times practicing their best for their performance. Izuku rubbed the back of his neck, apologizing for tracing off in the middle of training when be noticed some presence in the bushes.