Operation

Back in the ED Cal was looking at some patient information when he heard someone say "I need some help in here!" He rushed over as he saw that it was the little boy called Timmy who needed help. "Mum my tummy really hurts" he begins to cry and holds his mums hand.

"Don't worry Timmy it will be ok" said Cal kindly remembering what Ethan said to him years ago when he was in the position. "But it really hurts" he wailed.

"I know" said Cal "It is very painful to have appendicitis but soon you will have the operation and it will be fine.

He was about to leave so they could tell the surgeons that Timmy needed an operation but then suddenly the small boy fainted and Cal was filled with worry and urgency for him.

"Ok we need to do the surgery right now but just try and stay calm" he said to the family. Then he went to go and get the surgeons and arrange the surgery.

5 minutes later

It was time for Timmy's surgery and his parents were worried about him but Cal reassured them "don't worry I'll tell you a secret when I was 9 i had appendicitis as well and the doctors were really kind and made me feel better."

His parents relaxed and said "Thank you doctor Knight as they followed their son being taken to surgery.

"Actually you can call me Cal" he said but it was too late and they were already gone.