23

It all happened excruciatingly slowly, each time blood trickled from his neck, Y/n tried loosening her grip from the hilt of the sword

His eyes were just watching her hurt expressions, she was screaming at him to let her go, but instead a ring of fire blazed around her. If she stopped she'd be set on fire, it stung her skin every now and then, making her yelp but unable to move or budge.

Her pleas were heard by deaf ears, Sukuna was driving the blade in deeper,

"Please stop, you can't-"

The elders were watching intently, eyes studying everything, their own mouths opened to encourage Y/n...

The room was filled with chants, words being hurled and thrown at Y/n to kill him, Sukunas strong hands holding her close, there was no way she could do this, she did'nt understand where the blade emerged from, did Sukuna hold onto this from before? Did he plan this all along?

By now the black metal was halfway across his neck, his arm pulled hers and she fought back as much as she could,

"Why are you doing this-" she spoke through clenched jaws as her eyebrows furrowed, arms straining to keep him from doing more damage, eyes blurring and tears pricking them. Gojo and the others kept their eyes focused on the scene in front of them, half in disbelief and half in awe.

Maybe the monster wasn't really a monster?

Painfully, he scratched his skin with the sword, blood splattering onto Y/ns Kimono, her mouth let out a gasp,

"N-no" she whispered, catching him as his body went slightly limp...

"Why did you do that? Wh-" her voice cracked as blood poured from his mouth, he didn't look into her eyes, unable to see her grief.

She held onto him, mumbling words and sobs, his head collapsing onto her shoulder as she sunk to her knees in front of him. It didn't make a difference if the fire around her was raging, her mind was foggy. He was still breathing, but it shocked her when she felt his strong arms pull her in tightly and the red fire behind her rose above their heads, her eyes blew wide open when it engulfed them.

They were somewhat trapped in this fire cage, his head stirred up and whispered,

"Y/n..you won't die"

"Won't die? But-"

"The elders wont kill you, you're safe now"

"And you? wh-"

"Ever since I set my eyes on you, I realised it would be fun destroying you" he chuckled,

"Please try healing yourself"

"And then I realised you had everything I did not, that made me a little jealous..but then...but then you shared it with me...I don't know why you did that but thank you.."