20

The ground was made of stone, it was cold down in the dungeons and the walls would echo with the sound of their footsteps

They had Sukuna chained up, his arms hung up and his torso was also wrapped with chains, he was held down on his knees.

"Don't try escaping" Getou stated blankly, his heart stopping for a second when he looked at Sukuna, the prisoners eyes were almost glowing red and they glistened in the dark.

The curse was breathing heavily, like a bull ready to charge, he was holding himself from lunging out at the individual in front of him.

Getou literally rushed out of there, his eyes darting around for anyone and made his way to the top floors.

Upstairs Y/n sat in her old room, she would've maybe cracked a smile with nostalgia if things weren't so tense.

She managed to stand up and walked out, sitting on the stairs, shutting her eyes her mind replayed the scenarios that happened in the past few hours,

"Why would you want me dead" Y/n asked the elders,

"You've made friends with the enemy"

"I am not plotting anything"

"Regardless we need you dead"

Y/n muttered a few curses under her breath,

"May I ask why?"

"You're the key to defeating Sukuna"

"How?"

"We can't disclose-"

"I saved more than half of mankind, I at least should know why I don't deserve to live"

A little incoherent mumbling and they responded,

"If you are killed, Sukunas true form will be revealed, allowing us to seize him in his pure form"

"But..."

"That way we can at least retrieve all twenty fingers and preserve him from reincarnation"

Y/n knew that their plan could work, provided they defeated him, that in itself was a task.

Her thoughts kept her company when she snapped her head to the side to see Gojo glancing down at her, she didn't bother returning his stare.

"Remember when I pushed you down the stairs?" He asked in a low snarky tone,

"Mhm" she pursed her lips,

"You still...mad at me huh?" He asked timidly, which was funny because his personality was all over the place normally.

"Yes"