Not giving up

"Yesterday I told you that there will be a project and I have already picked out your partners for you. Pay attention to your name and your partner's name because this will be a very important project."

The teacher started calling out names. Some people were happy while others groan and whine about their partners. Unfortunately, I wasn't with Eunhee.

"Kim Jonghyun-" 

The whole class gasped when they heard his name. I mean, what's so bad about him? I don't see anything wrong with him.

"and Park Hyunmi."

Eunhee's jaw dropped when she heard my name.

"Y-you're his partner!" 

"I know.." I blinked. I see nothing wrong with that. The classmates were staring at me like I'm crazy or something. I looked at Jonghyun, he wasn't even paying attention.

After class, I decided to go up to Jonghyun and plan out how we're going to do our project.

"Hi!" I went up to him bravely and waved. He looked up.

"I was wond-"

Before I could even finish my sentence, he walked away.

"Wait!" I ran after him. He didn't stop of course so I ran full speed and went in front of him.

"Project..." I said, panting.

His face was still emotionless. I was actually close enough to see his facial features. From his perfect skin tone to his perfect jawline. Even when his face was busied up, indeed he was flawless. Wait. What am doing. Back to reality!

"Uhmm, about that project. We've been paired up. So I was wondering if w-"

Once again, he completely ignored me and walked away.

Giving up, I went to my teacher for help.

"Yes, he won't even speak to me," I told my teacher.

"I see, let me see what I can do to help. If I'm not wrong, I think I have his home phone number. Maybe you can call him!" my teacher suggested.

"Isn't that a bit too...he will think that I stalk him.." 

"No, no. Not at all. This is school related. It wouldn't be consider as stalking," my teacher smiled and handed me his number on a piece of post-it.

"Right. School related.." I took the paper.

No one POV-

After finishing your homework, you decided to call Jonghyun.

"It's already 8...am I going to bother his family..." 

After another 30 minutes or so, you finally had courage to call him. You waited patiently for the other line to answer. 

"WHAT?!" 

You almost dropped your phone when it answered.

"H-hello? Is Jonghyun-ssi there?" you stuttered.

"WHO? That useless piece of crap? Who is this??!" a drunken voice spoke on the other line.

"I-I'm his classmate. We're working on a project together...an-"

"That useless son of mine actually goes to school??! HAHAHA," 

Jonghyun's dad started laughing uncontrollably.

"Excuse me?" you were confused. Why is his own dad calling him that.

Just then, Jonghyun snatched the phone away from his dad.

"Hello?" his deep voice spoke.

"Jonghyun!" you smiled once you heard his voice.

"Don't even try to call me again." With that, he hung up the phone.

The next day, you tried confronting him again only to receive another defeat.

"I don't know what to do," you told your best friend who was busy chowing down on her food.

"I'm telling you, switch partner."

"You know I'm not the type to give up."

"That's true.." Eunhee nodded in agreement.

"Eunhee, I'm gonna go try again. Wish me luck!" you smiled and left.

"This girl doesn't know what she's getting herself into.." Eunhee shook her head.

"Hmm..where would Jonghyun be right now.." you asked yourself.

After searching many places, your last choice was the roof. You finally spotted him sitting leg crossed near the corner. Smiling, you jogged there and sat down next to him.

"Hi!" you waved. 

"About the pro-"

Once again, he ignored you. Before he could walk away, you grabbed him by the arm.

"Wait! Listen to me first. About the project, I-"

He yanked away harshly and walked away.

"I not giving up yet! W-wait for me!"

You caught up with him after and tugged on his sleeve lightly.

"Can we talk for a bit? Pleaseee?" you begged him.

He continued to walk casually.

"Pretty please??" you went in front of him to stop him from walking. People in the hallway started gossiping.

"Come on, it'll be fast," you pouted and rubbing your palms together in a pleasing manner.

"What are they doing?" 

"Are they together?"

"Is he threathening her?"

The gossiping was going on and on. You stopped and turned to the students.

"You guys shouldn't make up stuff that are not true," you told them. They lowered their heads and apologized to you.

"Now. Can we talk about the project? Pleaseee?" you turned to him.

Once again, he walked away from the scene. You puffed your cheeks and sighed.

"I'M NOT GIVING UP ON YOU YET!" you yelled across the hall with determination.