Emo Boy

"Ahh, what a good day today.." you smiled as you breathe in the fresh air on top the roof.    You rested your chin on one hand as you drew random circles on the railing with the other, waiting for your friend.    "She's here!" You picked up your bag and ran downstairs.   "Eunhee!" you called, smiling and running up to your best friend.   "Why are you here so early?" she asked.   "Waiting for you, silly." You poked her cheeks and giggled.   "Aish. I'm not a little baby. Stop doing that."  

~~~  

In class-   "I heard he got into another fight. Look at his black eye," one girl whispered. The other one nodded and took a glance at Jonghyun.   "It's that guy that everyone is talking about again.." Eunhee mumbled, shaking her head.   "Why? What's wrong with him?" you asked and looked at his way.   "Kim Jonghyun, the badass guy that everyone is talking about since junior year when he moved here. How can you forget?   He was in our P.E. class last year!" Eunhee rolled her eyes.   "Really? Oh yeah! The emo guy right?" you said out loud which caused everyone to look at you.   "SHHH!" Eunhee put her hands out your mouth to shush you.   "He can hear you know," she hissed.   "Sorry..." you mumbled. You look to see if he heard. His full attention was outside the windows.   "Okay class. Take out your books and turn to page 130." The teacher came in and the class took out their textbooks.  

~~~  

"Remember that I will be giving you your first semester project. It's worth half of your first semester grade!"    The bell rang for next period. After gathering all your stuff, you went out the door. During second period you went through your bag to look for the book that you were reading this morning but couldn't find it.   Where did I put it, you thought.   "The roof!" you said out loud.   "Yes miss Park? Anything you want to say?" The teacher put down her book and turned you.   "Nope.."  

When lunch came, you ran to the roof to look for your book. Luckily it was still there. You smiled and took your book.   "There you are. I was looking everywhere for you!" You put your book back to your bag.    You were about to turn and leave but something or someone caught your eyes. Being the curious person you are, you took a step closer to see who it was.   You gasped. "Emo boy!"    He opened his eyes and let out a sigh.   "Woops. Sorry, didn't mean to call you that..."   "Go away," he said in irritation.   "Wow, this is the first time that I heard you talk. Can you say it again?" you asked him, smiling.   He completely ignored you.   "I heard you're Kim Jonghyun. I had P.E. with you last year. Remember? I'm Park Hyunmi by the way." You put out your hand.   He ignored you again. Embarrassed, you pulled your hand back and pretended to fix your bangs.   "I guess you don't like talking..."   "Go," he said, with his eyes still closed.   "Okay..I'll see you around school! Bye Jonghyun!" You waved and went off.   "What's taking you so long?" Eunhee asked you.   "Sorry, I was looking for my book. Hey, can you tell me more about this Kim Jonghyun?"    "Well...what is there to learn about him? He's cold-hearted, quiet, and dangerous. You shouldn't get too close to him."   "I see. I'm hungry, let's eat!" You giggled and dragged her to the lunch line.