Chapter 15: Little Harris

Clara's POV
I kept looking at her from a distance as she talked with one of her friends across the field. Today was friday and we were having p.e class this afternoon.
We were all waiting for our coach who was first busy with the football team. Just to kill time, the boys in my class started to race each other, while the girls sat back. We girls started to complain about the coach not coming early. I was annoyed too.
Not like we were eager for him to come so we can start our class but because we had been under the sun for more than 20 minutes now and the coach said that if he caught any of us sitting on the benches, we will get a week's detention.

No one wanted to miss the big game coming up tomorrow, so we obliged and stood or sat on the ground, under the sun. We could watch from not far away, our football team practicing.

Every girl was admiring their dream boy but my eyes were just on Mike. His muscles were just shining under the sun due to his sweat and it made him so hot. He wasn't going to play with them in the match because he just came new, but he was allowed to train anyways.

I looked beside me and saw Kristy looking at them too. I couldn't tell if she was looking exactly at Mike but I didn't worry.
I was going to kill her before the match. I was watching Mike do pull ups, when I heard someone coming up from behind me. She sat down beside me on the grass and unexpectedly said to me,

"Wow. The new boy is amazing at sports don't you think?" She said. I glanced at her. It was Willow.

"Oh really?" I said knowing that she was talking about Mike.
She nodded with a full grin on her face.

"Yeah. All the girls, not all, but most actually have an eye for him"

"Are you part of those girls?"

"Nope" she said firmly with a straight face.
"I have a boyfriend. Besides, he's much better than Mike"

I was relieved,
"That's good"

"Thank you" she said smiling again. She then looked around the field and asked,
"Hey! Where did coach Ryan go?"

She announced it to everyone and they realised that the coach wasn't with the boys anymore. We girls got offended and thought this was some kind of joke until we heard a loud whistle blow from behind us.
We jolted up from the ground and turned around, seeing the coach.

As always, he had the body of a bodybuilder that's compared to let's say....a lesser version of 'The Rock'....you know Dwayne Johnson?

We all lined up in front of him and just to annoy us. He blew the whistle again and it was more louder this time.

I could swear that if I was alone with him, I would have used his whistle to choke him around the neck till he suffocates to death.

He put his hands on his hips looking at us with a firm frown, we waited for his order.

"Alright ladies!" He announced in a deep manly voice,
"Since you've been slacking here doing nothing to help your sorry selves, you are going to run around the field, 10 laps!"

"I would have given you 20 but because you're females you're lucky!" The coach said.

"But coach, you're the one who made us wait in the first place. We haven't been slacking! We've just been waiting for you"