SE 0: EP 3 ― Bad Act

2003 Operations Academy

Later that evening, it was time for their last training class. Natasha had already told Audrey she would be at her later class, so Audrey hoped that if Coulson called her name, she wouldn't embarrass herself in front of Natasha. She stood with Sharon and Caleb, Grant was across the crowd, but he had his eyes on them. He did enjoy spending time with Audrey in his room before they came to this class. They didn't talk much, Grant just turned on the TV, found something that they both liked, and they enjoyed each other's company without having to say anything.

Audrey watched as Coulson reached into the hat and grabbed the next set of names. Caleb and Bobbi had just gone against each other, and Caleb came out on top, but barely. "Fury! Rumlow! In the ring." Coulson said. Audrey took a deep breath. This was the match-up that she was always nervous about, and once Coulson called Rumlow's name, she felt her heart drop into her stomach.

"You got this, Rey," Sharon whispered to her. Audrey nodded her head and took another deep breath before stepping into the ring. Rumlow could already see how nervous she was, and he would use that to his advantage. As they stepped up to each other, Rumlow chuckled as he looked at her.

"I'm gonna enjoy this." He said low enough for only Audrey to hear. When Coulson called for them to start, Rumlow advanced quickly on her, Audrey wasn't able to dodge out of the way fast enough, and he landed a clean, hard punch right to her jaw. Audrey staggered backward as she recovered herself, but Rumlow didn't give her much time before he came at her again.

This time, Audrey threw up her arms to block his blow, but in doing that, she left her chest/abdomen exposed, so Rumlow took advantage and delivered a hard kick right to her stomach, which sent her sprawling to the ground. She hit the ground hard and let out a quiet groan as she tried to regain her breath. Natasha frowned, not because she was disappointed, but because she knew Rumlow was a brute. Coulson looked at Natasha.

"Should I call it?" He whispered to her, and Natasha shook her head.

"No, Audrey's tough... give her a minute," Natasha whispered, and then she looked at Audrey, who was still on the ground. "Come on, kiddo." She whispered to herself.

Sharon, Caleb, and Bobbi all watched with concerned eyes as Audrey picked herself off the ground. Grant shifted his weight, but he didn't give away anything in his face, but he was hoping that Audrey would recover herself. Audrey pulled herself up from the ground as Rumlow came at her again; she ducked out of the way and dodged his blow, and staggered to the other side of him; she was still a little off-balance. When Rumlow turned around and swung again, she used one arm to block him and the other to cut a clean right hook to his jaw. His head snapped to the side as he staggered away from her, and Audrey caught her footing again.

Natasha nodded her head, while Sharon slightly smiled. Rumlow jumped at Audrey again, but she stepped to the side and out of his way, but he turned around and swept her legs which sent her to the ground. She landed hard on her back, and she groaned as she landed. She saw Rumlow about to try and kick her, so she rolled out of the way and kicked him in the back of his kneecap to allow herself to get off of the ground. Rumlow slightly staggered, but he pulled himself together, and when he turned back to Audrey, his eyes were blazing.

Rumlow ran at her again and threw a punch, which she blocked. She saw he exposed his abdomen, and she tried to kick him, but he grabbed her leg and then threw his head forward and head-butted her hard. Audrey went staggering backward as her nose started to bleed. She wasn't sure if it was broken or not, but she knew she would feel that for a while. She wiped the blood from her nose as Rumlow came at her again. She dodged his punch and kicked him in his side, but that barely phased him.