Confused Hearts : Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE

It's the worst morning ever in my life. As I feel the pain of being broken, I don't want to move. I am staring at the ceiling while listening to the birds chirping outside. It's Valentines, what should I do? I am broken, my heart is really broken. Julian's voice is still inside my head, I can't get up. His words-- the way he said it to me last night, cuts my heart even more.

I am Anastacia Steinfield, a fifteen-year old teenage girl from Atlanta, Georgia. I am happy with my life, not until he left me. Julian is my life. He is, my everything. I can't imagine my world without him. I am not obsessed with him, I am just deeply inlove with him. I know that most teenagers know what's the feeling to be also loved by the one you love. It feels perfect.

Last night, I was inside my room, talking with him through phone.

"Would you mind to get out of your house and talk to me personally?" He said.

"Sure. " I stepped away from bed and looked outside the windows. As I saw him outside, I smiled at him. "Is there something wrong? Or, are we going to talk about something serious?" I asked.

"Serious? ... Just please go down here. I miss you."

Those words made me feel like, there is something wrong. He's not smiling even though he said that he is missing me now. I went outside the house.

He hugged me. And said, "Let's go to the park?".

We went to the park. He holded my hand tight. I felt his cold hands wrapped around mine. We stopped at the bench.

"It's Valentines Day tomorrow, where are we going, huh?" I asked with full of eagerness.

He did not move.

"Maybe, I won't be with you tomorrow." He answered with a frown on his face.

I put my hands on his face to cheer him up. He still, did not move.

"I am... breaking up with you." He said.

There was a shock on my face. I don't know what to do, I don't know what to say. Is he joking?

"Stop that joke, Julian. It's not funny."

"I am not joking, Anastacia. Our family will be going to Washington. I'll be studying there."

What's the point. I don't understand him. Tears started to roll down on my face.

"I don't get it. Please, tell me why." I said.

"I never wanna leave you. I am breaking up with you because I love you so much. I can't be your boyfriend if I am away from you. I know it's hard, but please, believe me. I am doing this for you. I don't want you to get hurt." Julian said, as he became teary-eyed.

Those words made me weak. He's breaking up with me because he don't want me to get hurt. I cried more. He embraced me tight. I know it, he hugs me whenever I am crying to make me feel comfortable. I was, for a while.

"I promise, I'll come back. I don't know when, but I will." He promised.

"I'll wait. I'll surely wait for that moment that I'll be seeing you here around again, Julian. Don't break your promise."

Things went slow. I don't know, but the only thing that we were doing is -- we were both crying. Until such time that his arms set me free, he kissed my lips. His icy lips, I'll miss it. He went away and ran fast. Me, I was still crying as I walk away from the park. I went straight to my bed, and cried hard.

That was, last night.