-Gardening-

—Authors note—
Hi! Thank you for reading this. I've never shared any of my stories, so this is my first. I hope you enjoy!!

—Chapter 1—

-I was never a very popular person. too lonely, too quiet, too realistic. I do surprisingly have friends, or 'A' friend. Kind of. Her name is Mia. She's been pestering me sense the 6th grade. I don't like her too much, but she does seem.. alluring.-
Artem quickly finished his journal as Mia started to walk towards him. "Whatcha writing Art?"
"None of your business" he said as he quickly shoved the sticky-note in his backpack
"Sure.." she said while smiling. "Do you have any plans today after school?"
-shit um.. think fast- Art thinks to himself "yeah, uh, my mom needs help watering her flowers." -seriously art!? now you're gonna seem like a total dork-
"You like gardening?" Mia quickly replied.
"Uhm.. yes..?"
"Oh great! we should totally go to the local plant shop together!"
-she seems so excited.. i cant say no, can i?-
"Sure." he said, defeated.
"Great! i'll text you the plans!" she said excitedly before walking away.
"What have i gotten myself into.." Art sighed.

The next day as Art walked to the plant shop, he saw a black cat standing in the middle of the road. He stared at it questionably, feeling nostalgic. After a good five seconds he came back to reality and ran up to grab the cat. The cat squirmed in his arms, occasionally scratching, but eventually calmed down. "What we're you doing in the middle of the road little guy?" Art asked, waiting for a car to let him pass. Not expecting a reply, he took his phone out to text Mia.
~hey, i'm gonna be a few minutes late~
~okay!! take your time! :))~
He sighed and put his phone back in his pocket. "What should i do with you?" He mumbled, looking at the cat. It had no collar, but looked clean and fed. After checking and conforming the cat was a boy, Art set him down. "Where's you home at, little guy?" The cat stared at him with big eyes. "I guess you could use a name, huh?" The cat had big brown eyes, and thick black fur. He was medium size and had pointy ears. "I'll name you.. Bowie..?" Artem thinks out loud. The cat looked up at him, almost nodding. "Bowie it is then". Almost forgetting about the plant shop, he waved 'bye' to Bowie and started walking away.