Night one

"...and so, it will last three days," Fugaku said. Sasuke's eyes were wide. Not only did he have to attend a ball, but he had to be there for three days! "Sasuke, you will pick a bride from the guests."

"Father, I..." Sasuke began, but was stopped by the look on Fugaku's face. Sasuke glanced at his mother. Mikoto remained silent. He then moved his eyes to his brother who looked like he didn't care that his little brother was about to be put on display. He sighed. "Alright." Without another word, Sasuke left the throne room, nearly stomping the entire way to his bedchambers. He jumped onto the bed and screamed into a pillow.

-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-

It was only the first night and Sasuke just wanted to duck into the nearest room and lock the door. Several women, some princesses and some regular nobles, tried to get Sasuke's attention. Sasuke however didn't like how they were throwing themselves at his feet. The only one not doing so was Lady Hinata who seemed to already be in love with someone else. Even if she wasn't, Hinata was too shy to talk to Sasuke like the others. Sasuke managed to sneak away to the balcony and was now looking at the moon. He was counting down how much time he had left before someone found him, probably Kakashi, to drag him back to the party.

Blond hair caught his eyes and he looked down. A boy dressed in servant garb was talking to another man. The man nodded at whatever the blond said before taking a glass of wine and walking into the palace. The boy put his tray down and sat on the lower wall of the first floor. Sasuke heard him sigh.

"Rich bastard," the blond said. "Just because he has a little money he thinks he can do whatever he wants." The boy crossed his arms. "Well he ain't getting Naruto Uzumaki into his bed!"

"Yeah, I'd stay away from Orochimaru as much as you can," Sasuke said.

Naruto jumped and looked up at Sasuke. "Ah!" A hand went to the back of his neck. "S-sorry. I didn't k-know you were there." He coughed to clear his throat. "Is there something I can get you my lord?"

Sasuke glanced behind him, seeing Kakashi looking around. Sasuke smirked, his eyes going back to Naruto. "Catch me."

"What?" Naruto asked before Sasuke jumped from the second floor. Naruto instinctively put out his arms. However, Sasuke's momentum caused the two to fall backwards onto the grass. Naruto groaned. "What the hell? Were you trying to kill yourself?"

"A fall from that height wouldn't kill me," Sasuke said. "Dobe."

"Why you!" Naruto yelled. "Just..."

"Naruto?" a woman's voice called. "I need your help passing out the cakes."

"Coming mom!" Naruto yelled. He stood up, brushing off some dirt. "You should be more careful. Next time you want to leave, use the door." He walked away from Sasuke, quickening his pace when his mother called his name again.

Sasuke sat on the grass staring after Naruto. He smirked. May be these three days weren't going to be so bad afterall.

-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-

Sasuke had woken up earlier than usual to take a morning swim in their giant pool. After Kakashi had found him and brought him back to the party, he was lectured by his mother. Her words had fallen on deaf ears as Sasuke's mind was too focused on thoughts of Naruto. He managed to learn a lot about the blond. He was a year younger than Sasuke and was the son of one of the maids. He had been a servant in the Uchiha castle for over three years, yet Sasuke had never run into him. Sasuke found out that Naruto usually tended to the garden or was in the kitchen. It made sense that Sasuke never met him since he didn't go to either of those places. Naruto's favorite color was orange, though red was a close second. He enjoyed being outside and was a hard worker.

It wasn't long before Naruto stepped onto the walkway, heading for the pool. "Oh," he said. "I didn't know someone was already here."

"Cleaning the pool today?" Sasuke asked, already knowing the answer. He made sure to find out Naruto's work schedule for the day.

"Yes, my Lord," Naruto said. "But I can wait until you are done." He turned around to walk away.

"Why don't you join me?" Sasuke asked.

"I can't," Naruto said. "Servants are not allowed in the pool."

"You have my permission," Sasuke said. He offered a hand. "Come."

Naruto bit his lip, looking around. He knew the rules and what punishment would befall him if they were disobeyed. He had already been punished for waking up late and for disappearing last night, though the latter had been Orochimaru's fault. Naruto was just about to tell Sasuke that he'd rather not, when someone pushed him from behind. He had been so lost in his thoughts that he hadn't seen Sasuke get out of the pool and walk behind him. He gasped and cough up some water. "What the hell..."

"You say that a lot," Sasuke said, getting back in.

"Ah!" Naruto pointed an accusing finger at Sasuke. "You're that guy from last night."

Sasuke smirked. "Hn."

Naruto pouted. "Now my clothes are all wet."

Sasuke shrugged. "Take them off."

Naruto blushed, his arms wrapping around himself. "I'm not gonna do that!"

"Why?" Sasuke asked. "It's not like I haven't seen a naked man before. Besides, you can leave your boxers on. They're like swimming trunks anyway."

"Fine," Naruto said. He swam to the edge of the pool and lifted himself up. Sasuke watched as Naruto removed his clothes and shoes. He licked his lips as he took in Naruto's tanned skin. Sasuke felt the tightening of his swim trunks and he glanced down. He was hard. It hadn't been the first time that a man had given him an erection. It was a well known fact, amongst his family and close friends at least, that Sasuke was bi, though his father tended to ignore that part of Sasuke. Once Naruto was only in his boxers, he spread his clothes out so that they'd dry with the sun. He only hoped they'd dry soon so that he could move onto his next job in time.

"Are you done yet?" Sasuke asked. He was getting impatient.

"I'm coming," Naruto snapped. He turned around and Sasuke had to stop himself from jumping him. Naruto had a slim body that some would say looked feminine, but he was definitely all male. The work he had to do as a servant had formed lovely muscles that called out to Sasuke. Naruto slipped into the water, his eyes searching the grounds to make sure no one saw him.

"You won't get in trouble," Sasuke said after noticing Naruto's glances. "I already gave you permission to be here, so don't worry about it." He swam up to Naruto and linked his fingers with Naruto's. "Ok?" Naruto could only nod before Sasuke pulled him further into the pool. It wasn't long before the two were swimming around, having fun. Naruto forgot where he was and time went by faster than he expected.

"Naruto!" a voice yelled. "Where are you?" Naruto flinched. That was his mother's voice.

"I have to go," Naruto said. He made his way to the edge of the pool and pulled himself out of it. He walked over to where he left his clothes, only to frown. He couldn't put his clothes on since he was still wet.

"Use this," Sasuke said handing Naruto a towel. Naruto hesitated before taking it. He quickly dried himself. Naruto picked up his clothes only to realize that his boxers were too wet to put on his pants. "I have an extra pair of boxers in the changing room. You can borrow them." He grabbed Naruto's arm not letting the blond argue. He dragged him into the changing room and opened a small chest. He pulled out a pair of clean clothes for himself. There was a second set of clothes. He pulled out a pair of boxers and handed them to the blond. Sasuke walked into one of the rooms separated by a curtain. He closed it behind him, giving Naruto some privacy.

Naruto quickly changed. It wasn't long before Sasuke came out, fully dressed. "Thank you," Naruto said. "I must be going. Mother is looking for me." He bowed before running off. Sasuke picked up the dropped towel and boxers. He smirked. He knew he'd be seeing the blond again soon.