The second night

"Heard you had to find a bride by the end of the ball tomorrow night," Kiba said. "Think you'll find one?"

"I already have," Sasuke said.

"Oh?" Neji asked. "Who?"

"You'll see," Sasuke said, taking another sip of his drink. Several women came up to the three boys, asking them to dance. None of them wanted to, but they knew that if their parents found out, they'd get lectured about their lack of manors. Sasuke took the hand of a woman named Sakura while Neji danced with Tenten and Kiba danced with Ino. Sakura was the daughter of one of Fugaku's council members. Tenten was the daughter of a high ranking knight and Ino was a princess from one of the neighboring countries. Besides Hinata, Neji's sister, these three were the ones that Fugaku and Mikoto hoped Sasuke would chose from. However, none of them were even close to Sasuke's type.

Once they were done dancing, the boys headed towards a table to get something in their stomachs. A familiar boy headed towards them with more drinks. Naruto said nothing as he handed out the drinks. He glanced at Sasuke before walking to the next table where a group of women sat. Sasuke glanced at the blonde's ass as he bent down to serve the women. He licked his lips. Neji and Kiba followed Sasuke's line of sight and they couldn't help but grin. It was obvious that Sasuke wanted the blond. Kiba and Neji looked at each other, nodding. If that was what Sasuke wanted, then they'd make sure he got it.

"Excuse me," Neji said. "I have to go talk to Hinata." He quickly disappeared from the table.

Kiba knew his job would be distracting Sasuke. "So tell me about your dream girl."

"He isn't a girl," Sasuke admitted.

"Oh?" Kiba raised an eyebrow. "Is he a prince? A knight?" Sasuke shook his head. "Don't tell me he's a servant..."

"And so what if he is?" Sasuke asked.

"You know that it is gonna be hard for your parents to accept him as your bride," Kiba said. "Especially your father."

"I don't care," Sasuke said. "I..." He sighed. "Kiba, I know he's the one. I've only known him for a day, but..."

"Wait!" Kiba said. "You've only met him yesterday?" Sasuke nodded. "Then how do you know..."

"I can't explain it," Sasuke said. "It is like something about him is pulling me in."

"Are you sure he isn't trying to seduce you for money and power?" Kiba asked.

"I don't know," Sasuke said. "But he acts like he doesn't know who I am. Maybe you're right."

The sadness in Sasuke's tone made Kiba want to comfort him. "Look, maybe he really doesn't know who you are. If you only met yesterday, then how is he to know who you are? I mean, sure people should know who they're working for, but he could think you're someone else. Maybe he thinks you're a knight or something."

"Hn," Sasuke grunted. He hadn't really thought about that. He never introduced himself to the blond. Heck, he hadn't even told him his name. It was possible that Naruto had mistaken Sasuke for a knight or an average noble. He looked around, trying to find the blond of his thoughts, but he was nowhere to be seen. In fact, Orochimaru was also missing. Sasuke frowned, standing up. Orochimaru better not be going after Naruto again. "I'll be back."

Kiba grinned. "Ok."

Sasuke slipped passed his father who was busy talking to Sakura's father, and left the ball. He quickly made his way down the hall until he heard a loud crash followed by a yell. He turned the corner to see Orochimaru pressing Naruto into the wall, a tray of broken glasses on the floor. What made Sasuke angry the most was the fact that Orochimaru had a hand against Naruto's neck, forcing him into a kiss. Orochimaru's other hand slipped towards Naruto's butt. Sasuke growled. "What is going on here?"