16. Rupert

I knew Per was nervous, this was a huge step but I was so happy that she had agreed to take the chance to see where these crazy feelings led.

We had helped her pack her bag, keeping the conversation light, telling her about the places we were going to on St Barts and little snippets of who would be there.  Ivo had found the ranger who had already received a call from both the base and Per's mother about the changes in travel.  He had wished us well and Mr Jones had told him not to worry about any damage we caused to the office, he would sort it out with the Chancellor and they would deal with Powell.

We had all been ready when the Chopper landed, Ivo and Thad sitting Per between them each holding a hand, which she seemed to happily allow.  Then through customs and out to Thad's family jet, Per had fallen asleep an hour into the flight and we had carefully covered her and all of us had watched her as we talked quietly.

Ivo and I had updated the others about her mothers voicemails and both had laughed that was my mother in law to be.  But I didn't care, not if I got the girl... officially.

Per's nerves had grown when we had finally landed in Gustav, the sun high in the sky, casting a warm golden glow around us.  My parents had come out to meet us, each bringing a vehicle so we had could be independent.  With her hand firmly in mine I had greeted them, not letting her hide in the background but introducing her "Mum, Dad this is our friend Per, Per this is my parents Veronique and Herod Breitmeyer"

I saw the look my parents shared and grinned.  I wasn't going to come right out and say it but I wasn't going to hide either, and I knew my brothers would not want to either, they would want to hug and hold her during this break and if we started by saying she was mine it would cause discord if something other than her with me was witnessed.

"You boys sure about this?" my father had asked us all, a few minutes later, he had recognised what hadn't been said, not even picking one of us to answer and we had all nodded. Luckily my mother had been talking to Per about the island to the side and couldn't hear his question.

"We are taking it slowly, but yes sir, we are all sure" Ivo offered finally answering for us all.

"Let me know if you need anything... or if there is something I need to know"

"Yes sir" Ivo answered for us again and I smiled, knowing we had my parents blessing... so far.

Then with my parents in the small convertible leading the way, we all pile into the jeep they had brought for us, luggage filling the boot and Per sat this time between Topper and Ivo, her hair blowing in the wind and a smile on her face.

Reaching the estate, I shared a quick glance with Ivo, everyone was here, judging by the amount of vehicles parked up. He just grinned as she giggled as Topper lifted her out of the jeep and swung her round before placing her carefully on her feet as the front doors opened.

"Ivo" his mother rushed down the steps and pulled him into a hug and we are grinned as his ears turned red.

"Hey Mum" he murmurs out. "Mum, this is our friend Per, Per this is my mother Cecelia" he introduces directing her attention to Per.

We watch as Cecelia Devereaux turns and looks at Per who is frozen next to Topper, looking like she wants to hide, then Cecelia has her pulled in tight for a hug.

"Look at you, what a beauty, well done boys" she praises, leaning back before hugging her tight again and we all laugh at the wide eyed gaze Per directs our way.

"Mum, let her go now" Ivo says coming to Per's rescue but she just drags Ivo into the hug.

"CeCe, let the poor kids go, the boys need to introduce her to everyone else before we scare her away" Veronique laughed.