* A/N *

Hi, I have no idea how to write these so thank you for not laughing at me.

Anyway, a little backstory, for context:
I've been writing for myself behind the scenes for years, without ever really having the guts to share it. I wrote the things I wanted to see other people write, and I knew in keeping it private that I'd never have to worry about what anyone else felt or thought. But at this point, I needed to have something that brought me satisfaction and genuine joy outside of the craziness of my real life. What better way to do so then to obsess over an entire fictional universe. Am I right...

Today, I finally got off my ass to start writing. I'm not a well-practiced, extensively trained, or perfect writer. But I love doing it, and I hope that's enough.

This seemingly random little fanfic is particularly special to me. So many people, myself included, struggle with difficult things in their pasts and the affect that they can have on mental health, relationships, even your sense of self. I wanted to write a story that would both bring awareness to these hardships and be a source of comfort, relatability, and catharsis for anyone who can see themselves in it. I hope I do it justice.

Okay, so here's the boring but necessary disclaimer that I am an adult; therefore all the main characters  in this story will also be adults. Dragon Hide is set a year after the Battle of Hogwarts; our main character, Erin, is 20 years old. Fred and George are 21. Bearing that in mind, please be aware that this story, being about adults, will have a lot of adult themes. Therefore, it is not recommend for anyone under the age of 18.

I can't police this or control anybody, of course. I merely ask that you keep this warning in mind and use your judgement. I've seen minors commenting on smut in other stories, and that is definitely one of the things I want to avoid. I'd like to keep it a safe space for everyone to enjoy without enabling or scarring some young minds.

Any explicit or graphic content will have a warning in the beginning of the chapter. This includes possible triggers that I can foresee, but if I miss anything that truly bothers you, please don't hesitate to reach out and let me know if it negatively affected you or may do so to others.

In the meantime, this is a broad content/trigger warning for obscene language, violence, substance use, mental illness/trauma, and sexual content.

If this gets any attention I'm sure I'll be adding to this as i see fit with any additional disclaimers or important information. Otherwise, thank you for taking the time to read my story. I appreciate every single one and hope you stay to ride it out with me :)

Lots of love,
Rachel