So not Sure [ONESHOT]

The clicking of her heels and the sound of the loud rain. Those were all [Name] could hear as she continue walking her way home.

Unfortunately , the heavy rain came unexpectedly and she did not bring an umbrella with her. Thus, making her run all the way from work back to her home. But she doesn't seem to care. In fact, she doesn't mind walking in public with her clothes soaked from the rain.

Not today though. Not the exact date of his disappearance.

She stopped on her tracks whilst putting her hand on her chest. She felt her heart shattering once again as she remember the last words he told her.

'I can't stand not being able to do anything anymore.'

That sad smile he gave her and the heartbreaking  words he left. It was all stuck in her mind. Never forgotten. Without knowing, a single tear came rolling down from her eye. She immediately wiped it off and continued walking.

And once again, she came to stop once her eyes caught the familiar building standing across the street.

Kamii University.

The place where she met him.

She was so young back then. 18 years of age yet still immature. She would say rude things to Kaneki and even try to hurt him physically, but she regretted it soon after the bookworm approached her and declared his undying love for her in front of everyone.

Even in front of that orange haired bastard named Hide.

At first, she kept on denying her feelings to him and to herself to the point that she even rejected poor Kaneki. But realization hit her once she found out (from Hide) that Kaneki was rushed to the hospital due to an incident that happened the day before.

She stayed on his side all night long and waited for him to wake up, deciding that she will tell him the she feels the same way he feels about her. God knows how much he made her happy when he asked her out after he's discharged from the Hospital.

And he too was so happy. But it was taken away almost immediately. 

[Name] didn't fail to notice the sudden change of the ravenette. He doesn't eat anything, doesn't talk much, he wears an eye patch for no reason and he-well, he started avoiding her.

She was mad at first, but her anger was replaced with pity, fear and disgust once she found out that Kaneki is no longer the person she was knew. Kaneki is no longer human, instead he's a monster eating flesh who kills and devour to satisfy his hunger.

"I was so immature that time, eh Kaneki?" She said particularly to no one. "But I went back to you. I almost forgot that I promised myself that I'll love you matter what or who you are." 

Yes, after a few days of thinking, [Name] decided to go back to Kaneki. She realized how much she loves the young man and spent no time hurrying to his house, hoping to apologize and and start all over again. But to her disappointment, Kaneki was nowhere to be found.

But something inside of her told her to go to the nearest coffee shop from his house, Anteiku. There she found him, Kaneki working as one of the waiters. She knew that he was disappointed with her actions the other day and would definitely not give her another chance. She wouldn't blame him anyway, she was at fault. She pushed Kaneki away.

But the Gods were too kind and so is Kaneki, he gave her another chance without any signs of hesitation. Why wouldn't he anyway? He loves her so much.

At one time, Kaneki almost changed his mind when Touka reminded him that he is no longer the same as before. He's a ghoul now and there is a possibility that he might harm [Name]. But of course, [Name] being as stubborn as she is, told Kaneki that she trusts him. And if he gets really hungry, she was willing to give herself to him. Jokingly saying that she was too certain that she tastes very good.

"That was stupid." She chuckled, "But you really didn't try hurting me."

The couple spent their everyday life happy. Other people even stated that they wouldn't see the other without the other which is, for the two, kind of odd because they are certain that they go to the comfort room separately.

They loved each other very much.

But little did they know, everything will change sooner.

Kaneki Ken was abducted by the Aogiri, got himself tortured and the trauma never left him. He trained so hard to make himself stronger so he could protect the people he values the most.

So he could protect her.

But that only made matters worse. He became a monster worse than what he currently is, was hunted by the CCG as the well-known Centipede Ghoul, fought with the Anteiku during the raid and he, in the brisk of insanity, fought against the Reaper, Kishou Arima.

And now what? He pushed himself to death. He's now just a lifeless corpse.

"Kaneki..." [Name] softly mumbled as she continue staring at the dark skies, "I still love you.." she sobbed quietly.

If only she could do something to bring him back to life. But that wasn't fair. She must face reality.

Kaneki Ken no longer exists.

"I hate it when it rains." A deep, yet familiar voice suddenly spoke beside her, immediately startling [Name].

She automatically glanced at the man beside her but was caught frozen when she saw a young man who has the exact same features as her late boyfriend.

 "W-Why?" was the only word she managed to let out.

"The skies are darker. And I dislike it." He said, his gaze still fixed on the skies. "And you know, Blue Skies are blue-tiful."

Wait, What?

The said man turned to look at her, his gray orbs meeting [Name]'s [e/c] ones. He awkwardly chuckled, "Sorry for that."

"I-It's fine." She responded.

"My name is Sasaki Haise. How about you?"

The [h/c] girl shyly eyed him as she introduced herself. But what surprised her was his next words, "Do you mind if I invite you for a coffee, next time [Name]-chan?" He smiled, "I kinda like you...a latte."

[Name] gladly returned the smile, trying her very best to ignore the bad jokes he kept on reciting. 

"Sure. Why not?"

Edited : May 12, 2016