Two Sides (Same Coin)

A/N The Vampire AU that nobody asked for, part one.

***

It's been thirteen years since Sabrina Spellman left Greendale, and she hasn't aged a day.

It was one of the perks of being a vampire. Well, it was one of the perks of being a half-vampire. Immortality was another if you were into that sort of thing. For Sabrina, all the advantages of being a half-breed came from her human side.

Being able to sustain herself on a diet of deliciously diverse human food and go out in the daytime. She went to high school dances, matinee movies, and on beach trips. She got to skip and play and fall in love, even though it never lasted.

Harvey found out a week after her sixteenth birthday. She had gotten sick, really sick. She was vomiting, shaking, and coughing up blood. Her Aunties had never seen anything like it, and Ambrose couldn't find any reasonable explanation as to why it was happening. But there wasn't much information on half-vampires, so she couldn't blame him.

She found out later that brownies Roz shared with her were leftovers from a Sunday dinner. A dinner that her father had blessed. She forgave her. Of course, she did. She didn't know then. She hadn't done it on purpose.

But she didn't know that when she was crying out in pain, barely able to breathe.

She held off taking the blood as long as she could. She knew it would make her better, but she didn't want it. She didn't want her mouth to fill with the iron-rich taste, and she didn't want to like it... but she also didn't want to die.

Her family was gathered around her bed worrying, hoping, praying (to who, Sabrina didn't know) so there was nobody to stop Harvey from barging into her room as blood overflowed past her lips and spilled down her chest.

He ran when he saw her fangs. She passed out.

When she woke up, she felt better. (Only physically.)

Her family kept her home the next day to be sure she was fully healed.

Harvey showed up when she was having pancakes on the front porch.

Ambrose had tracked him down and told him everything. How the blood she had consumed came at no cost. That was the purpose of the mortuary, to take from the dead instead of the living and give Sabrina a normal life in the process.

He knew that she wasn't a killer. He knew that. He knew that was the first time she had blood since she was seven and contracted the swine flu. He knew that she was still Sabrina, that she had always been Sabrina, but he couldn't kiss her again. (He never did, and she didn't blame him.)

She looked in the mirror after he left. Her mouth was still stained by the blood.

She shattered the mirror. She cut her hand. (She had to drink again.)

Roz handled it better, probably because she had her own supernatural thing to deal with, and she was so grateful. She wasn't sure she could deal with someone looking at her differently again.

She had spent many nights crying, screaming, cursing. Although, who she cursed varied from moment to moment. Sometimes it was Diana. (Why couldn't she have loved a human?) Sometimes it was Edward. (Why couldn't he have married a vampire?)

She spent her days wondering which part of herself she hated more. (Somedays it was human. Somedays it was vampire.)

She told Theo shortly after Roz had her vision. He was her friend, and it didn't feel right that he was the only one who didn't know.

She showed him her fangs. He was amazed, and he told her that her life would make a really cool movie. (She supposed that it would.)

Even though everything had been patched up with her friends, she started spending more time at the Coven compound.