The Group Home

I walked into this house with Ms. Milan and a very thick short lady was standing in the doorway waving at us like she had been waiting for us for weeks.

"Hello Ms. Harris , how are you?" Ms. Milan reached her hand out to shake Ms. Harris hand.

"I'm wonderful thank you for asking" she looked at me and smiled "well hello sweetheart" she said to me

I looked her in the face for a bit before I spoke she kind of looked like mommy but without all the wrinkles all over her face so you could tell she was a older women.

"Hi" I spoke back before she could ask me my name Ms. Milan spoke up

"This is Diamond , she'll be staying here with you for a while". 

"Alrigjt we have plenty of room here for her"

"We?" I asked

"Yes" Ms.Harris said "I have a little girl staying here to her name is Monae she's about your age or a bit older and I have a son but he's much older then you sweetie"

"A son?" Ms. Milan asked "You never told me anything about you having a son or him staying here ... how much older is he?" she asked with her eyebrow raised starring Ms. Harris clear in her face

"He's 19 ..."

Ms. Milan cut her off with a raised tone

"19! You know that is against the state law to harvest your children here that are over 17" Ms. Milan pulled out a notepad and started writing stuff down

"Look Ms. Milan he won't be a problem, He's always in and out of college and he barely comes home I promise and plus his room is in the attic he won't be anywhere near them"

Ms. Milan sighed "Alright Gloria I trust" she looked at me with concern and looked back at Ms. Harris " Just take care of her she's been through alot in the past few hours" 

"I will" Ms. Harris said back with a sincere smile "Come on in sweetie"

I looked back at Ms.Milan and she nodded in the direction of the inside of the house so I did what i was told and walked into the livingroom and Ms. Harris closed the door behind us as I walked to the sofa to sit down.

"Monae is in the backyard if you want to go meet her and say hi" she smiled

"Okay" I got up and put my suitcase down and grabbed my purple teddybear and she walked me to the backdoor and opened for me letting me out and right there was a darkskin girl with two ponytails in her hair wearing blue shorts and a pink and purple short skeave shirt and white sandals.

"Monae come say hello" , Monae walked over to me while Ms. Harris turned around and went back into the house closing the door.

I smiled and wave "Hi I'm Diamond"

she looked me up and down and rolled her eyes "shut up little girl"

She scrolled over closer to me "where you from ugly"

"I'm not ugly" I whined feeling the tears form in my eyes.

"yes you are" she pushed me and i fell on the ground messing up my white dress mommy had just got me before Ms. Milan came and took me away , I stood up and pushed her back "dont touch me!" I swung again and this time she grabbed my teddy bear and threw him in a puddle of mud.

"NOOO!!" I was crying now screaming and kicking throwing a full tantrum. I was five years old what would you expect. "you dummy bitch" I covered my mouth shocked at what I just said because mommy never allowed me to curse, Monae looked at me shocked as well.

"You cuss?" she asked like she never heard a curse word before, wow she really was a dummy bitch.

"yea" I said still upset that she just ruined my favorite toy.

"stand up" she said putting her hands on her hips. I stood up and wiped my face with the back of my hand and dusted off my dress.

"who taught you how to cuss?" she asked me, like what type of question is that?

"my mommy and daddy" i replied back walking over to teddy pulling him out the puddle of mud and sitting him on the back porch to dry off.

"I'm Monae" she said sitting on the swing set

I looked at her completely shocked, like she just didnt harrass me for the past five minutes.

"I dont want to kow your name anymore" I said folding my arms sitting on the porch next to teddy

"Sorry I pushed you and threw your bear in the mud" she stood up and walked towards me sitting down with me

"I guess so" I moved over a little siting away from her, I really didn't want to be bothered anymore espically with Monae bullying me.

"How old are you" she asked

"I'm five, now leave me alone" I got up and opened the screen door going into the house to ask Ms. Harris if she can fix teddy, I could tell already I was going to hate it here espically if I got to live her with that bully around.

"What's wrong sweetie" Ms. Harris looked at me

" I miss my mommy" I said covering my face crying

"awe sweetheart I know" she hugged me tightly rocking me back and forth as she sat me on her lap.

" You got to be a big girl for your mommy now so that she can better okay?"

she said wiping the tears from my face kissing my forehead "your a very pretty little girl and pretty girls dont cry" she tickled my tummy making me giggle a little.

"now lets go clean your teddy bear" she said smiling putting me down to walk with her into the laundryroom and putting my teddy into the washing machine.