Chapter 11

Sakura and Kakashi traveled quickly through the trees, making their way to the hideout that had already been set up for them. They would slow speed occasionally then pick back up to top speed shortly after, never stopping for a break until they were about two miles out from their destination.

When Kakashi jumped down out of the trees and came to a stop in a small clearing, Sakura followed suit. She knew that they must be close given the distance they had covered already and the approximate distance to their destination.

"We are not supposed to give away that we are shinobi unless absolutely necessary; we are supposed to be civilians renting the small cabin a couple miles up ahead. We'll stop here to change out of our Leaf Uniforms and into our civilian clothes before showing up at the cabin," Kakshi explained.

He glanced up at Sakura to make sure she was paying attention; she nodded to show that she understood. Un-shouldering her travel pack, she ducked behind a large tree to change. Kakashi took the opportunity to strip out of his pants and overshirt, quickly throwing on a pair of dark jeans and plain black long sleeve shirt.

Moments later Sakura emerged from behind her tree also dressed in her civilian clothing. She had on a pair of tight black pants that showed off her lean legs and a fitted red top. Above the collar of her shirt, Kakashi could see the thin chain of a necklace around her neck. He couldn't see the pendant, though, since it was tucked underneath the shirt she was wearing.

"Do you think that shirt was really the best choice for this mission?" he asked as she approached him.

She frowned. "Yeah, why not? What's wrong with my shirt?"

He would need to be careful with his words; Sakura was clearly offended by his question. "It's just that, it stands out. We are supposed to be fitting in with the crowd, not standing out," he explained, hoping that it would defuse her a bit.

"Most civilians do wear things thik this Kakashi-sensei. It's also December now, the month of Christmas. Most people will be wearing red or green to show their Christmas spirit," she told him, a smile growing on her face. She was obviously fond of this holiday. "Besides, red is my favorite color."

"Is that so." The detail made Kakashi think of Saki—her favorite color was red as well. A small smile came to his face at the thought of his beloved Saki.

"Yep," Why is he making that face? Kakashi had an unusual expression on his face, one that Sakura had never seen from him before. It looked like content.

Was Kakashi-sensei happy? Sakura frowned. What did he have to make him smile like that?

"Uh, Kakashi-sensei, we should get going," she called out to him, breaking him from his thoughts.

"Right. Let's go. We need to travel a normal pace on foot from here on out. "

She nodded and they were off.

When they reached the small cabin that was to be their stakeout point for the next few days, Sakura realized that 'small' was an understatement. It was nothing more than a single room with a couple of old chairs and a small area for their bedrolls.

"There is an outhouse in the back, there is not a kitchen so we will have to go into town a few times to get food." Kakashi pointed out even though it was obvious.

"It's a good thing we didn't bring much." Sakura mumbled to herself.

"Hmm?"

"Nothing, I was just thinking out loud." she told him.

"Well, we should get our equipment and bedding set up. Then we can go into town and get some food." Kakashi said.

Sakura nodded, setting her travel pack down on the floor she began unpacking her mission equipment. Once done she then rolled out her bedroll in the small area provided. Kakashi had already finished. It never failed to amaze her how fast he was when he wanted to be.