1

It was a sunny day in New Delhi of March. Suman was getting ready for the shopping she has to do today. She was going to US with her family. It was happy day for Suman untill she heard her Mami's words. She heard mami saying that Suman should return their money first and then enjoy all the luxury, she can afford. Mami was right, she has to save money for so many things. And like her mother used to say, 'Either waste now, cry later or save now, enjoy later', she kept that in mind. Although her mami's words made her scattered her hopes and plans as it was going to be her first abroad trip. But she cancelled the plan and promised herself that when her business will flourish, she'll gift herself and her team a foreign trip.

Suman's life was tricky, her parents died early, she had to live with her Mama, Mami, Maasi, Masaji and her Nanu, her only true support in the whole world.

She prepared tea and went to her Nanu's room. Upon asked about her trip preparations, Nanu got to know about her cancellation. He was angry, of course, but Suman was stubborn.
In midst of all this Ramnath arrived. She went to prepare tea for him. It was Ramnath's birthday. After taking his aashirvaad, he told him that Shravan is coming.

Ramnath was one of the best Lawyer in the country and had his own firm. He was a disciple of Raghuveer Tiwari aka Nana ji and owed his success to him. Ramnath, in his family, has his younger brother and his wife with their children. Ramnath lived alone as his wife and him lives separately and his only son, Shravan, was in London for 10 years.

When Nana ji heard about Shravan coming home, he pretended he doesn't care. Suman arrived. He asked if she knows who Shravan is? Suman was speechless, her eyes were beaming with happiness and so many questions. Ramnath told Nana ji that he should forgive Shravan. They had their conversation while Suman came to her room.

"Shravan?! Shravan aa raha hai? Aaj? Really? Oh God!" Suman was talking to herself with excitement, nervousness, anger, longing, desperation and love in her voice. She sat on her bed and drowned in their memories.

---

"Please maan jao na sumo"

"Tune mujhse itni badi baat chipaayi aur main maan jau?"

"Sumo wo main batane hi wala tha par..."

"Par kya Shravan? Tujhe kya lagta hai, tu ek hafte ke liye ghumne jaayega aur main yaha bore ho jaungi? Tu jaa, hamesha ke liye jaa, mujhe koi fark nahi padta"

"Main tumhe hamesha ke liye chorh ke kabhi nahi jaa sakta" teenaged Shravan mumbled to himself.

"Kya? Kuch kaha tune?"

"Nahi to. Wo main soch raha tha tumhare liye kuch lau ya nahi waha se"

"You better. Agar tu nahi laaya na to dekh lena"

"Accha? Waise kya lau?"

"Wo tu dekh le, main jaanti hoon tu mujhe mujhse behtar jaanta hai"

"Wo to hai, sumo" he again mumbled.

"Kya bola?"

"Kuch nahi, kuch nahi"

She made a punch to hit him, he hid his face. She laughed at his reaction and he joined her.

---

"Accha hi hai, meri trip cancel ho gayi" she thought to herself.
Suddenly she realized that Pushkar hasn't told her anything. Pushkar, cousin of Shravan, and her good friend has his death coming when Suman decided to go meet him.

"Iss Pushkar ke bacche ko to main chorhungi nahi" she said and started her car which was a white ambassador, her most dear friend.

She reached Malhotra mansion and saw Vandana aka Vandy, as she likes to call herself, struggling with the loads of work they have to do in welcome of Mr. Shravan Malhotra.

"Shravan aa raha hai ya Queen herself, itni kya tyaari? Aur ye colours to usee pasand bhi nahi" she said to herself and went to help Vandy.

"Laaiye Vandy bhabhi, main kar deti hoon"

"Oh, thank you, thank you, suman, ye saari books na Shravan ke room mein arrange kar do, itna kaam hai aaj, thank God, tum aa gayi"

"No worries, Vandy bhabhi, main kar deti hoon"

She went to his room and kept the box of books, she carried, on the table.

"Itne saal baad aa rahe ho tum Shravan, mujhe yakeen bhi nahi ho raha. Main par isse sapna nahi maan-na chahti. Itne saal intzaar kiya hai maine, main iss pal mein rahna chahti hoon. Pata nahi tum ab tak bhi naraz ho ya nahi par main maafi maang lungi tumse, I hope tum maaf kar doge apni sumo ko...."
She wrote "I'm sorry" on a paper, added 'really' to it and put it in one of the books, she arranged and put it the way he used to, when he had to gift her something. She used the same way to say sorry.

There was a lot going on in her head which was interrupted by Pushkar.

"Wah, tujhe pata chala aur sidhe tu bhaiya ke kamre mein!"

"Saale, Pushkar, tune bataya kyu nahi?"

"Kya, ki bhaiya aa rahe hai? Isme batana kya?"

"Batana kya? Ye badi baat nahi hai? Tere liye badi nahi hogi! Main to 10 saal se...."
She stopped and Pushkar put his hand on her shoulder to comfort.

"Jaanta hoon. Chal wo chorh, tu ye bata aise milegi bhaiya se?"

"Jyada ajeeb lag rahi hoon kya?"

"Jhalli lag rahi hai bilkul"

"Yaar, abhi kya karu?"

"Haan, bhaiya to aane wale hai, koi na, aise hi aana padega ab to"

"Sir, Shravan sir ki gaadi aa gayi"
One of the house helper informed.

All family members went outside to find no one in the car coming from airport. All were angry to not see Shravan there.
Suman's face fell and she went home.

It was Shravan's idea to surprise everyone and in the evening he did as he planned, made his entry first to his father and then to others in the Ramnath's birthday and Shravan's welcome party.
Pushkar called Suman and she after dressing up also came. After again getting irritated by Pushkar, she went to wipe some of the makeup, he said she overdid.

She went to his room.

________________________

Hello everyone,
So, that was the first part. I'm trying to add and mix some of my thoughts but as the story is starting it'll be clear a little later.
Hope you'll like the story.

Please vote and comment.

Thank you for reading.