Chapter 10:

The car rumbled through the soaked woods. Mud caked up around the tires, making Clawd grip the steering wheel to focus.

"It's okay." You hummed. "You won't slip, the mud isn't as bad as it feels."

His tight hold eased a little, and he strained his eyes to be able to see through the windshield, which was now covered in acorns and twigs.

"You live really far back, huh?" He joked.

"Oh, yeah. It's a long walk, but-"

"You walk to school?" Draculaura sat up and combed through her hair with her fingers.

"Mhm." You nodded.

Clawd sat back in his seat the moment he found asphalt. You smiled a little, admiring the woods you knew oh so well. Draculaura studied the trees and paint markings on them. A few of them had a large (L/N) initial, signaling that it was your property and that the house belonged to your family.

"Is that it?" Clawd asked, motioning to a tall, two story house that slowly came into view.

"Yep!" You giggled.

Draculaura watched as the house came closer and closer until finally you were in the driveway. It was a large circular driveway with bright pink flowers growing along the edges of it.

"Woah, I always thought you lived in a...I don't know...small apartment building?" Clawd hummed. "Not that there's anything wrong with that!! It's just that normally, humans don't own large houses."

"Yeah! They're mainly passed down through bloodlines...and any remaining bloodline houses are owned by pure monsters..." Draculaura finished.

You shrugged. "My great, great grandpa made friends with a nightshade monster while in the war. Y'know, the government uses monsters AND humans?"

They both nodded.

"Well, they became friends, and the monster told great great grandpa that he didn't have any kids, so if something happened to him he wanted my great great grandpa and grandma to have his house. Wrote it in his will and everything." You smiled. "I grew up here."

"Seriously?" Clawd gawked.

"Yeah! Apparently, the nightshade monster built it himself. I still find hidden rooms that I knew nothing about."

Draculaura sat in awe. "I mean, my dad has a mansion! But this is so cool for a human!"

"Thanks?" You chuckled. "It's not THAT impressive."

Clawd shook his head with a grin. "Come on."

You three stepped from the car and, giving Clawd a chance to lock the doors, took a deep breath in. Your tabby cat ran past Draculaura. She squealed.

"O. M. G!! He is sooo cute!!" She bent down and lifted him in the air, ignoring his wet paws. She cuddled him close to her chest.

"Thanks, his name is Todo!" You grinned proudly at your animal.

Clawd glared at it and reluctantly stroked it's head. Todo hissed and leapt from Draculaura's arms. You smiled at Clawd's pout and patted his arm.

"It's okay, bud. He doesn't like a lot of people."

Clawd nodded and followed behind you. You led them up to the front door before sticking your key in the lock and twisting. The door opened slowly, revealing the livingroom.

"Welcome to my humble home!" You giggled at your quote and led them in before shutting the door behind them.

Todo curled up on the coffee table and closed his eyes.

With a wave of your hand, you led them up the staircase. Clawd admired every inch of the house, making sure to notice every detail.

Draculaura, on the other hand, focused more on the route up the steps instead of the decor.

You arrived at your bedroom, and you opened the door before setting your bag and shoes by your dresser.

"You can sit anywhere!" You giggled.

Clawd looked around and stripped off his shoes before sitting criss crossed on your bed beside you. Draculaura stared with wide eyes at everything.

"Drac?" You called.

She hummed, but otherwise didn't respond. Her eyes admired every inch of your room, from the corners, to the decor, to the tv, to the shelves hanging on the walls. Her walking stopped, and she took a deep breath in before closing her eyes.

Wow. Weird.