8

Chloe
"Shawn!" I shout, one week later. I've not been to school since that party, and the school think I'm sick. But the real reason is I heard that Harrison enrolled at the school. "What, Chloe?" He asks, coldly. "Can we talk? Please?" I ask, rubbing my eyes. It's my first day out of the house. "Fine" he sighs, and sits on the wall with me. "You should know the truth. Jordan didn't abuse me. The only truth of what happened was his sisters beating me. But that was complicated"I explain. "Wait, if that's the lie how bad is the truth?" he asks. I close my eyes. "A couple of years ago, I was dating Harrison. But I was really close with Jordan at the time. In a friends way. They never got on. I guess Jordan must have known about how angry Harrison could get. He'd always tell me that he was never any good for me. Anyway, this one day, I walked in on them having a massive fight and Harrison called me all sorts of names, thinking I was cheating, and he pushed me down the stairs" I explain, choking up. "God, you don't half pick them" He mutters. "Jordan didn't do anything wrong! He never did! He just saw Harrison for what he was before anyone else" I say defensively. "Wait, if Harrison was so awful, why did you agree to give it another go if he was in town?" Shawn asks. I chew at my sleeve. "Chlo?" he asks. "He wouldn't leave Jordan alone. So I came up with the solution to get him to back off. I never thought he'd be here, so it was all fine. You don't know what he's like" I explain. He shakes his head. "This is intense. You lied about what happened. Wait, is that why they beat you?" He asks. I nod. "Jordan took the wrap for most of it, but I said that he took being rejected badly. Him and his sisters knew the truth. So I guess I got what I deserved" I scoff. "You don't deserve any of this" Carla. I look up. "What are you doing here?" I squeal. "Jordan told us why you did what you did. I'm sorry. We all are" She says, and I see all 5 of his sisters there. "Don't worry about it" I shrug. "Why are you going to school in your onesie?" One of them - Mary - asks. "She's not. She's not been in for a week" Shawn says. "I'm not going in" I say determinedly. "Why not?" Carla asks. I look away. "What did you do?" Shawn asks. "Did Jordan tell you?" I ask the girls. They nod. "You can't avoid school forever" Jordan. "What is this, an intervention?" I scoff. "Please, Chlo. We miss you" He says, crouching in front of me. Jerk. "But Harrison" I start. "Won't touch you. If he does I'll break his fucking legs" He says, his eyes going dark. "But the school think I'm sick" I protest. "Say you're better and forgot to ring in" Mary says. "Yeah, Jordan cured you" Another one, Georgie, smirks. I roll my eyes. "Please. We all miss you. I miss you" He pleads. "Ugh, fine. Only because you're annoying me" I say, caving. I run upstairs, and change into a shirt saying coffee please, black jeans and blue trainers. I leave my hair down but take a bobble anyway. I look at my timetable. Ew. P.E. I grab my kit, my textbooks, and run out. "There's my girl" Jordan smiles. "Wait, did they?" Shawn asks. "Not officially, but they may as well have been" I hear Georgie explain. I cringe. "So, what was going on with you and Shawn?" Jordan asks. I look straight ahead. "Chloe, tell me. What was going on with you two?" He asks, again. Shawn overhears and says "Nothing. Nothing happened between us. We're just friends" He says. I look at him, confused. He texts me quickly.
I know you two were practically a thing before. He helped you and he makes you be you. If you want to be with him, be with him. I'm happy for you
I smile. "Yeah, we're just friends. After being at war" I explain, and he puts his arm around me. "Good. That means I can ask you this - will you officially be my girlfriend?" He asks, as we arrive at the school. "Yes, Jordan, I will officially be your girlfriend" I smile and he twirls me around then kisses me. "You're a skank!" Harrison screams, and comes towards us. I jump behind Jordan. Zoe sees and rushes over. "You want her, you have to get through us" Georgie hisses. "You're not even at this school" he laughs. "Maybe not, but me and Jordan are" Zoe snaps. "Besides, I'll be here when you've all finished. I graduated early remember" Lizzie pipes up. "You can't be protected forever!" He shouts, and walks into the school. "Let him try and hurt you. I'll show him what's for" Jordan snarls. "Why did I have to mouth off" I whimper as we walk in. "No, none of that. He takes away your sparkle" He says. "The guy is toxic, Chlo. You stood your ground, and that's good" Zoe says, loudly. This girl. "I don't know him but he kept you from school. Don't let him get to you" Shawn says. I smile, just about. Maybe things won't be so bad.