After Story Notes

🔹Wen Kexing is a Water Spirit, one of the Sea to be more specific. His kind look human but are not, born from drowning when he was 25, the Sea took pity upon him and gave him a second chance at "life".

🔹With the hairpin, Wen Kexing can join the living on land but if the hairpin is ever stolen - his life falls into another's hands, and if it breaks, he will die. The Sea cannot bring him back to "life" a second time.

🔹Much like the Sirens and Mermaids, Wen Kexing has a keen taste for human flesh. The only difference is, unlike them, he is able to consume some human foods. This is due to the fact that he has a past of being human once, whereas Sirens and Mermaids do not.

🔹 Mermaids and Sirens differ here in the way that Sirens can turn into birds to roam the land and Mermaids can turn into human when they roam the land. Both lure men in from their boats, but unlike Sirens, Mermaids will lure in women as well. Sirens don't sleep with their prey whereas Mermaids tend to do so if given the mood.

🔹Other creatures that live in the Sea:

                ▫️Selkies (Gender varies. A seal that can remove its own pelt, turning to look like a human. They can only remove their pelt once every seven years. If their pelt is stolen, they are not allowed to return to the Sea until they can take it back.)

                ▫️Adaros (Only male. This creature’s face and upper body looks like a man without hair on his head and black eyes. It's body is gray with a shark-like tail and breathes underwater through gills behind its ears. They normally go after sailors that bring their kids on board and then they would lure the child, have it drown, and then suck out the kid's soul to consume.)

               ▫️Rusalki (Only female. Beautiful young women who are typically naked. They emerge from the water to spread moisture into the world and give life to the Earth. They were once human. They were created from commiting suicide via drowning after grieving over the death of a loved one)

               ▫️Finfolk (Gender Varies. They are fish that can turn into a human being, typically that of beautiful men and woman, and would only go on land to have sex with humans. This is because they feed off of a person's lifespan, taking half of their's through sex, and adding it onto their own.)

🔹Zhou Zishu had already been taking the nails by the time Wen Kexing and he met. It's why he refused to expose his chest. When he stole back Wen Kexing's hairpin for him, it was because Zhou Zishu had planned on leaving the next day.

🔹Wen Kexing spent six months in total at the Palace.

🔹Zhou Zishu died while laying on the shoreline, the nails effectively killing him after three years. He had felt his impending doom and with as much strength as he could muster, had managed to drag his body towards the Sea, laying right where the water connected with the land. The Sea, having recognized him from being the one who had not only freed Wen Kexing but also was loved by him, had dragged his body deep within its depths and gave him a second chance at "life". The Sea then guided him to where Wen Kexing was.

🔹Zhou Zishu's bonded item is his sword, Baiyi.

🔹The Sea is made up of countless of spirits that have chosen not to take up human forms.

🔹There is no such thing as the Glazed Armour in this universe.