↳ ❝ [Yumiko] ¡! ❞

This is all Yumiko's POV, and this tiny chapter is to give a little intro of this incoming character :]

...

It was already my time to get ready for my first mission, early in the morning, I ran out of the mansion without saying goodbye. Being on a mission was a thing I wasn't really happy about, but it was something I have to do as a demon slayer. On my way to the destination, I could see children running around chasing insects, I gave off a little smile as they remind me of whom I used to be; the kid who would do odd stuff.

My thought gets interrupted with a cough and raised my hand to stop what was from my mouth from getting out. I then pulled back my hand from my mouth and sighed, looking around my bag, I managed to get a handkerchief to wipe off the certain substance on my hand, along with a petal.

Knowing that my current situation wasn't great, I decided to rest when I get to the upcoming forest. With my damaged mood, I continued my journey to the village where demons seem to be appearing.

...

'Ughhhhh, when can I get there?'

I let myself drop onto the warm grass, I lay there as I glanced up into the sky. Recalling the journey's length, it was already three days. I grunted, from what Kocho-san told me, these traveling days never go more than three days. Knowing that I was either too childish to believe that, or she was just faster than me, which was probably true. With a displeased look on my face, I got up and continued walking. On my way, I saw the same yellow-haired guy back at the final selection in the distance. Confused, I walked up to him and landed my hand on his shoulder. With the oddest face ever, he turned to me and started crying, saying that he is going to die. Still confused, I just stood there I gave him the 'Kocho's glare'. And it seemed to work, he sniffed and staggered backward. Then I sighed and just told the guy to get his mission over with. But instead of walking away, he continued to cry about being scared to die. That is when my anger shot up.

'Seriously, who isn't scared of dying? Everybody is, so could you get your trembling legs up and start working!'

I yelled loudly to make sure the scared man can make out the words I'm telling him. The man just stood there shocked, but in the end, he just nodded and walked away. I sighed and left the premises in a destroyed mood.

It was just the same old scenery, houses, children running around, and trees. It was until I saw a man running past me, mumbling something about demons. When he went past me, I turned in his direction, wondering what does he know about demons. So I decided to ask him about it, it seems that he lived in the village I was trying to get to; apparently, demons were going rampage in the village, every night there would be someone that will go missing. It was good to also know that I was almost there, definitely didn't like this freaking long journey.

...

Time to get serious.

-------------------------------------------------

Heck, I'm sorry for the long wait, school is a thing and it makes posting harder :3 So I hope you can understand. - Author