Chapter 5

Author POV:

It was the next day and Blossom was once again opening the door of the parlor early in the morning to set everything up. She walks down the street with her pink hoodie on and let's out a loud yawn before getting to the front door, "I should've slept early yesterday." Blossom mumbles and pulls out her house key instead of the keys for the parlor, "Why isn't it going in?" she asks angrily.

"H-Hey! Good morning!"

"Fuck off."

Well damn, Brick wasn't expecting to get that response, "R-right." he stutters as he sees Blossom struggling with the keys until he sees her groan and pull out another key and she finally unlocks the door.

"What are you staring at?" Blossom asks as she turns to look at him with a brow raised, "Something beautiful." Brick mumbles, "What?" and Brick shakes his head and clears his throat, "Nothing, I just saw you were struggling. That's all."

Blossom doesn't respond and ignores his awkward smile by entering inside the shop. "Is he going to become harder to avoid?" Blossom asks herself before pulling out her iPhone from her pocket to call someone.

~~~~

"She always sounds angry" Brick frowns as he talks to Bubbles on the phone while setting up the bakery shop. "Really? I remember her being really sweet" Bubbles responds and Brick sighs, "Then it must be me." He says and pulls out the ingredients for the sweets.

"Probably? But anyways! I'll be there by 10! I need to put some things away before getting there" Bubbles says and there's a crashing sound in the background that worries Brick.

"I'm fine!" Bubbles yells out before saying she has to go and Brick hangs up the phone for her.

Brick stares out the window and sees that the sun is barely up yet. He feels like leaving the place to go back home and sleep for the whole day, but that will definitely not happen for two reasons; Bubble's will lower his pay check and second she'll probably kill him.  

He puts his phone on vibration just in case and puts it away in his pocket before rolling up his sleeves and  walking to one of the table to start putting the chairs down so when customers come they could sit down. Brick didn't think his work was that hard, it was just the thought of working alone he didn't like.

He finished the chairs, the quick cleaning, and now he was in the back making pretzels. The sound of the little bell ting made Brick look up from his work and almost move away from it to see who it was until he heard the familiar voice of his best friend.

"I brought some things we might need and I made us lunch!" Bubbles yells happily from the front. Brick can already imagine her holding up the food that's probably in a cute bag and twirling around like a ballerina.

"Shit." Brick whispers and his grip on the tray of pretzels tightens. "Oh that's splendid!" Brick yells back and puts the tray in the oven before closing the oven and turning it on for it to bake.

Brick cleans his hands on his apron and walks to the front to see Bubbles with crossed arms and a pouty face. "You're being sarcastic" Bubbles says, and Brick nervously laughs, "No...?"

Bubbles may be an outstanding baker and could grab anyone's attention with the smell of her freshly made goods, but she can not cook. It's been difficult to teach her, but at least she's still trying, is what Brick thinks even though it sends Brick to the bathroom after eating her food.

"I just thought we would get food from that new place down the street" Brick puts his hands inside the aprons pockets. "We can!" Bubbles smiles brightly and Brick smiles back, "Tomorrow." Bubbles sets down the lunchbox, not noticing Brick's sad frown. "What did you make?" Brick asks, swallowing down the saliva build up in his throat. "Oh! I made spaghetti and meatballs!" Bubbles yells and opens the cute bag. Brick sighs in relief, "With my own little touches of course." Bubbles says proudly.

"Fuck." Brick mumbles.

"I watched a few videos on youtube and I did it, but" Bubbles sighs, "But?" Brick asks, "It seemed so simple? so bland? so I added onions" Bubbles smiles, "Onions?!" Brick yells in shock, "And Pickles! Also I was kinda running low on tomato sauce so I added a bit of ketchup to it."

Brick is screaming inside his head as he stares at Bubble's cheerful smile.

"Ta-daa!" Bubbles pops open the lunchbox and he stares at the..um... what he thinks is called food.

"Sooo...what do you think?" Bubbles asks.

~~~~~~

"Did you hear that?" Blossom asks Boomer as one brow raised up in concerned. "Hear what?" Boomer asks back, not paying much attention since he was cutting apple slices for his daughter. "It sounded like a scream." Blossom mumbles and looks behind her.

"I heard nothing. Maybe you need something to eat, Mmm? I made an omelette a few minutes ago to eat at work, I forgot it in the car though. You can have it if you want" Boomer suggested and cleans the strawberry jam off his daughter's mouth with a napkin. "Thanks." Blossom says before catching the car keys in her hands.

Blossom goes around the counter and is about a few more steps out the door until the sound of the small bell door 'tings' and a pair of biker boots step inside that makes Sophia perk up from her seat and get up to right away run to muscular tattoo arms.

"Uncle! Uncle! Uncle!" She yells from joy and giggles loudly when being thrown up to the air. "How's my favorite little niece?" He asks with a grin, "Good! I been eating all my vegetables especially broccoli" Sophia proudly said before she and her uncle stutter at the vegetable word.

"Auntie! Auntie! Look! Uncle is back!" Sophia says with big round eyes and a smile so bright. Blossom remembers how Sophia loved seeing them together and taking her out together when her dad couldn't.

Now it's all ruined.

"I can see that." Blossom sadly mumbles, "What are you doing here, Butch?" Blossom narrows her eyes with crossed arms. "To visit of course, What?  I can't visit my favorite niece and best friend?" Butch asks with a smirk, "I never said that" Blossom responded.

"It seems like it" Butch shrugs, the pair not noticing Sophia looking at them like a happy puppy and Boomer awkwardly listening to everything, wondering 'Can I have my daughter back?'

"It just seems odd to me that your back after months of  missing." Blossom tells him, "I did miss my lovely w-" Butch stops when Boomer stands up and claps his hands, "All right, Blossom go get the food before it get's too cold and Butch, give me my daughter." Boomer says and groans when seeing Butch pout hard and hold onto her closer.

Blossom muttered a few words and Butch covers Sophia's ears to tease Blossom, but it made her angrier.

'Got to hell' Blossom mouthed and Butch rolled his eyes before he sticks out his tongue making her eyes widen at the new piercing.

Tongue piercing.