RadiantXSoap

"So what are you in for kid?" The hulking green man asked the kid who had just been pushed into the cell... Well... the raccoon that had been pushed into the cell.

"I convinced an old lady that Canada was a real country." He said, readjusting the tiny orange jumpsuit he now wore.

"Really? And it worked?! That's that country made by CS Lewis where talking lions and satyrs play hockey and all the money smells like maple syrup, right?"

"Yeah," the raccoon responded, readjusting the bandit lines over his eyes, "You should have seen her face! She almost looked like a pigeon... wait... was I talking to a pigeon? ..."

They both fell silent for a moment, letting the missed opportunity to eat a pigeon be internalized.

"How about you? What are you in here for?" The raccoon returned the question, breaking the growing silence that was only broken by the screams heard throughout the prison.

"I accidentally said, 'Get the f$&,' instead of, 'Get the flag,' while playing Roblox Capture the Flag when I was a kid. I got banned and puked on the carpet, the the FBI kicked down my door, and here I am.

The Raccoon backed into the corner of the cell, horrified at what he was hearing. "YOU MONSTER! Stay away from me!"

Hearing the commotion the guards came and moved the man to another cell. Relieved the raccoon let out a sigh of relief.

Bored, he slipped through the bars of the cell window, digging through the dumpster and finding some rotten pizza before climbing back into his cell and eating happily.

It sucked to be stuck in a cell like this. If only he could escape. He dreamed of the days where he was able to freely go wherever he wanted. The sweet, sickening smell of dumpsters outside prison cells... he could almost smell it. He could almost taste the rotting pizza he would have found in those dumpsters. He continued to daydream of the good old days as he ate the rotten pizza he had just fished outdo the dumpster behind his cell.

He wondered how his Discord friends were doing. Would Jumper be sad that he wasn't harassed by the clever raccoon for a few days now? He tried to not think about such things, but he couldn't help it.

He turned over the bar of soap he had stolen your of the Roblox man's jumpsuit as he was being hauled away. It was smooth and mushy to the touch, and mushing it between his little raccoon hands, he became curious.

He walked over, washing it off in the toilet, then taking a bite of it.

His face crumpled in on itself like he had just bitten a lemon soaked in citric acid, car battery acid, and the drug acid.

The taste was bitter and almost sour. Rancid. He licked his lips, trying to savor the taste. Delicious.

With that though he had the sense to not take another bite. His sentence was going to last another forty five minutes. He had to ration it.

After only a minute or two he had scraped a plan on how to ration it out, by using the soap like chalk on the wall.

Satisfied, he looked down at the bar of soap and realized he had taken four more bites out of it while he was lost in thought making the plan.

Immediately he went back to work trying to figure out how to ration what he had left, taking another bite while deep in thought.

He was nearly through with the bar of soap when a guard came to his cell.

"You have got five minutes to use the showers if you want." The guard said, shaking his head as he saw the incoherent scribbles on the wall. Whether they were gibberish or thieves cant he couldn't tell. He wasn't a thief.

He led the weird small furry man who always wore a bandanna over his eyes out of the cell and to the showers. Standing outside as the soap wielding critter entered the tiled bathroom.

Around him the raccoon saw various naked men taking showers, clinging to their soap.

He understood. If you were to drop your soap in prison you would have to wash it off again before eating more of it. That would be a waste.

He impulsively washed off the soap taking another bite, before opening his mouth and letting the shower head fill his mouth with water, washing it down. He now understood why all of the humans saved their soap for shower time, it was far tastier that way. He took another bite. Then another. Then... Oh... it was gone. Maybe he could steal another...

"Shower time is over! Everyone back to their cells!" The guards called leading everyone back.

The raccoon complied, walking back on all fours, his tiny hands mushing on the ground leaving wet soap patches everywhere he stepped as if to commemorate his old friend. Shortly after he had returned to his cell, another guard returned to his cell. He knew it had only been thirty five seconds but it had felt like a lifetime.

"Your sentence is over weird small furry man who always wears a bandanna over his eyes like a thief. Ready to go?"

The raccoon let a single tear roll down his face, remembering all the years... ahem... minutes spent with his wonderful bar of soap that was now gone. He nodded, scurrying out of the cell window to grab one last piece of rotten sushi before climbing back in and following the guard out of the prison.

Chowing down on the sushi, he wondered if he would ever see that beautiful bar of soap ever again. He cherished the memories, but still held on to the hope that one day their paths would cross once again. His heart throbbed by the thought alone.

He vowed that one day he would find out where his bar of soap had gone, and that once more he'd taste the beautiful taste of putting his mouth to its.

Fin