Safe With Me (Andrew Garfield)

Panicked vibrations came from your phone in your pocket. You discreetly pulled out your phone to check it—holding it under the desk to try and skim the texts you were getting without being caught by the teacher.

'Need you at the stash house. It's urgent.'

'I'm at school. Is it really important?'

'Yes.'

With a sigh, you whispered-yelled to the brown-haired boy sitting next to you, your desks only a few feet apart. "Psst, Peter!"

Peter looked over to you and nodded his head to signal he was listening attentively. "I gotta go—family emergency. Take notes for me?"

He agreed, and you let out a rushed 'Thanks' while packing up your things. Within minutes you were in your car and on your way to your boss's hideout. Parking your car not too far away, you walked into the stash house and were greeted by your boss and his goons. Although, there was someone new among them. That in itself would never be weird—he brought on new people all the time, but with your boss's relocation coming up, it was certainly strange.

The looks on their faces—or at least the faces you could see that weren't covered by masks—weren't exactly helping the strange vibe. They were almost expectant, like a dog waiting for you to return home. Except, you're the dog, always doing whatever other people tell you to do. You'd never let people treat you that way, but it's for survival.

"(L/n), about time you showed up." Your boss's voice was deep, so deep you wouldn't have been surprised if it caused the stacked crates of various substances in the stash house to topple over. You wondered what it would sound like without that voice modulator he used.

A look of sorrow spread across your face, "Sorry Mr. Boss, what do you need me to do?"

"A new shipment of explosives came in down at the harbor, go get it." You nodded your head in agreement as you headed for the exit, thinking of how this was just another example of him treating you like a dog. He was damn near telling you to 'go fetch' with those words.

You reached the exit, but his words stopped you in your place before you could leave the building. "Oh—and we're expecting Spider-Man to show up, don't forget to bring him back with you this time."

You let out a miserable sigh, Spider-Man eluded your capture every time. Not only that, he often stole back whatever items you were sent to retrieve–err, steal. Surprisingly, your boss was forgiving of every time you failed, except the fourth time. That's when he finally lost it.

Hopefully, Spider-Man will let you get off scot-free this time around.

***

The whirring of your grappling hook was never pleasant, and your boss never bothered to get a new one for you. So you were stuck with a shoddy grapple whenever you used it. You touched down on the deck of the boat and started scanning the area. There was no sign of Spider-Man or any crew members, so you entered the ship's under-deck.

After a bit of searching through the maze of crates, you found the crate filled with explosives. While things were going smoothly, it all started to derail when you heard someone else's voice come from across the under-deck.

"(V/n)!" The wall-crawler called out to you, jumping over crates and bales of multiple sizes to get closer to you.

"Spider-Man! Good to see you!" You warmly expressed, arms still wrapped around the small crate. Your possession of it didn't last long, though. With a quick web shot to the crate, he had easily pulled it out of your grasp. A 'thwip' could be heard as he attached the crate to himself with his webs so he didn't have to worry about holding it while fighting you.