Separate Lives

~Takes place on November 14th, 2038 (two days after revolution) in Detroit, MI, and on February 2040 in Arizona. Character included - Connor (RK800)~

(y/n) = your name

(h/c) = your hair color

(h/l) = your hair length

(e/c) = your eye color

(m/e/c) = your mother's eye color

-------------------------------

Two silhouettes frame the horizon, the Detroit river glistening in the morning glow of the sunrise. The air is crisp as is subtly blows, and small flakes of snow lightly coat the individuals that finally get to meet since the revolution has ended.

"I need to leave, Connor," you announce quietly.

Your arms are wrapped around your figure to attempt to stay warm, (h/l) (h/c) hair swaying in the breeze. Thoughts try not to race as you yearn and hope that things will go your way, but everything seems to have the worst of timing.

Connor has just confessed that he's feeling a strong connection to you, and that he only began to notice just before becoming deviant. Though not fully sure on what the sensation is, having only felt it for the past four days, he knows that he needs to be around you. Of course you are overjoyed at knowing, but now you are at a crossroad.

"Please stay, (Y/n)..." Chocolate hues look at you solemnly from the distance, a subtle frown beginning to form.

Your head shakes. "I can't, Connor... My parents need me. They're too old to be on their own, and I don't want to just throw them into a home. They deserve better. And with Dad having just gotten out of the hospital... I don't want my mother to have to go through this on her own."

His leather covered feet begin to move as he advances forward, slowly and cautiously. "Why not bring them here?" he queries with knitted brows. He extends his arms halfway, hands grasping onto your forearms. "I'll help you..."

The idea sounds pleasing, but you know that it's not the best option. "Detroit is too dangerous right now, and the weather here is too cold for them. You know how thin the skin and blood becomes when we get older," you announce sadly.

With your response, his head hangs low and shoulders sluggishly slouch as his arms come to rest at his sides. He so desperately wants you to stay, but he's unsure on how to come to an understanding that will ultimately please you both.

You lift your hands, cradling his face in your soft touch. Eyes of chocolate and (e/c) meet, and all you see is sorrow within.

"Why don't you come with me?" you joyfully suggest. "I think my parents would love you... Android or not."

The subtle motion of his head shifts his hazy gaze upward. Soft orbs of beautiful brown connect to yours, flicking left and right as if deep in thought. A heavy sigh leaves his parted lips, and his gaze drops. He suddenly removes your hands from his face then turns to walk to the railing overlooking the water's edge.

Confusion fills your thoughts. "I wonder what's wrong?" you think to yourself.

You approach his side, overlaying your arms upon the metal just as he does. Both of you look out to the river, watching the frozen water shine with the colors of the sunrise.

"I can't..." he solemnly announces, now hunching down with legs stretched behind him. "Markus needs my assistance with the aftermath. He's put me in the same position as him so that we may speed up the process of our rights and future." When his head drops, that little rebellious strand of hair flops near his eye. Connor turns to face you, admiring how the sunrise compliments your features. "And Hank... I know I've helped him out, but I'm afraid that he might still try and commit suicide. I need to remain by his side to ensure that he's no longer a threat to himself."