Part 22

Luke's pov~~~~

Within what felt like minutes, hours passed, Damian had packed a few things for me and now we were at the door saying goodbye. Olivia stood next to me, clearly annoyed as she waited for me to get into the car.

"Damian please come to my house as soon as the fight is done."

My eyes begging him to say yes, I couldn't help but be worried for him every second I wasn't around. If I was able to stay here, Alexander's focus would be on me and he wouldn't hurt Damian.....but every second I'm gone....

"I can't do that......if I lead him to you in both of our weakened states....we are doomed. I would rather me be under his control then you."

I felt tears begin to gather in my eyes, no, no no no, please no. I soon felt hot tears run down my cheeks, I couldn't loose Damian, not him.

"If he gets the chance he will kill you though. He would only beat me up, I won't be dead."

Damian shook his head, refusing to even consider my idea. He then gently cupped my check, his other hand on my lower back pulling me up slightly into a kiss. I wrapped my arms around him, knowing that it might be the last time I hug him alive. His lips flowed perfectly with mine as our tongues danced. He then broke the kiss, tears now in his eyes as he brought me into a tight hug. His face buried in my shoulder, I gripped onto his shirt, not wanting to ever let him go. Sadly he then released me, I didn't, Olivia and Damian's mother began pulling me off.

"NO! I CANT, I CANT LOSE YOU!"

I screamed as I tried to hold onto him as long as I could, I could feel his shirt slipping from my grasp slowly as the two women pulled me away. Damian and I were both crying at this point as he finally ripped my hand away from his shirt. I kept screaming, trying to get to him, trying to beg him to not stay here. Eventually I realized it was pointless to resist, just as determined I was to bring him along with me, he was just as determined to keep me safe no matter what. The two women still gripped my arms, prepared if I were to start pulling again.

"Please.....just promise me you'll be alive by the end of this."

I couldn't bring myself to look at his face, knowing that if I saw him again then I would try to bring him along once more. He stayed silent for a few seconds before finally responding.

"I'll try."

I burst into tears again, the thought of losing Damian killing me inside. My knees gave out but the Luna and Olivia caught me, the Luna eventually picking me up and getting me in the car as I stumbled to get my trembling legs under control.
I watched stared at Damian as he quickly became out of view as the car drove off.

"Oh stop crying, you'll see him again."

Olivia said, breaking the silence as she continued driving. I didn't bother responding, knowing if I did it wouldn't do me any good.

After what felt like seconds we arrived at my house, I stared at it, feeling like I hadn't been in it in forever. I ran my hand over the wooden doorframe, reminiscing in my memories, remembering the times I was so tired from college I could've just curled up and gone to sleep the second I walked in.

"Oh for fucks sake just get in the door."

Olivia whined as she tried to nudge me in.

"Olivia......what did Damian tell you about my situation anyway?"

Olivia didn't even bother turning around as she went straight for my bed, jumping onto her stomach and pulling out her phone. A finger twirling her hair as she finally decided to reply.

"Oh just that he accidentally broke your hand and that now he feels so guilty about it he thinks you need to spend some time away for your mental health."

So that's why she's so nonchalant and thinks I'm being dramatic. She doesn't know anything....I walked inside my home, the same four walls greeting me like they used to. I then heard the typing from Olivias phone slowly
go silent.

"There's more to that story isn't there?"

Olivia asked, finally looking at me, but unlike her usual annoyed or flirty expressions, she had a worried one.  I nodded in response, still unsure if I could trust her.

"It has something to do with what happened at the dinner right? The whole pack is talking about it......Damian I was stupid for talking that way to his father, especially with such an audience. I couldn't imagine what his father has in store for him...."

She stared at her phone quietly for a few minutes, before going back to typing on it. I knew they were gonna be fighting but it won't be that bad right?

"I-it's not gonna be that bad.....right?"