16

Flashbacks

The day that Hana walks away while I'm standing alone. Suddenly, my heart is beating fast and it feels hurt. I decided to call my brother to go home.

end of flashbacks

Jaehyun pov

I told my brother about the hurts that I got during school. Suddenly my vision becomes blurry and I can't breathe. The last thing that I remember I was on my way to go home with my brother. Now, I'm full of wires all around me. I even use the respirator because my breathing is so low. All I can hear is my heartbeat in the room. Then, my brother came into my room while holding a file.

"How are you now?" my brother asking

I just blink my eyes to show the signs that I'm okay.

My hands were hurt too.

"Jae, mom, and dad need to know about this. This becomes more serious" my brother Jonghyun explained to me.

I knew that I had this heart disease around two years ago when I got depression and ate a lot of medicines because my parents wanted me to become like my older brother. I had hypertension and which leads to heart disease. My brother is the only person that knew about this since he is a doctor I asked him to not tell my mom.

It's been a week since I didn't saw Hana and I didn't tell her about my disease.

I know my heart is weak now and I have no time now

should I tell her before I go?

should I call her?

should I message her?

will she care about me?

Suddenly, my brother pass me a phone call and I saw Hana's name. Since I can't speak because I'm wearing a respirator to control my breathing I just reply to her with a text saying that I'm in the hospital right now.

Hana said she will come to visit me tomorrow.

I'm happy to see her for the last time.

The next day, when I woke up I saw a figure crying beside me and it was my mom. My brother has told them everything about my heart condition. I guess this is the end of my life. Mom keeps apologizing to me because she is one of the reasons why I'm becoming like this. Dad can't even look at me in this situation because he feels bad for me. My dad has a hot temper and always blames me for everything.

I feel sorry to see my mom crying beside me. I don't want to leave her and my family but I need to do an operation and need to find a suitable donator for my heart.

Then, the door slowly opens and it shows Hana. She was standing still and just staring at me while holding a basket of fruits.

end Jaehyun POV

Hana POV

I reach the hospital and I saw Jonghyun who is Jaehyun's brother. Jaehyun did show his picture with his older brother that's why I can recognize him and he leads me to Jaehyun's room. I decided to go with Yeeun because I don't want to make it awkward. The door opens and I saw him laying on the bed. I felt pity for him because lately I always avoid him when I saw him at school. I bought a basket of fruits. Suddenly, his mother approaches me with her eyes swollen.

"are you Hana ?" his mother asking me

"yes, I am" Hana introduces herself and introduces Yeeun too.

"did you know that Jae has heart disease ?" his mom asked me

I was taken aback by the question that his mother ask me.

"he what?!?! I didn't know anything actually, he never told me before about this"

Then, his brother comes out and tries to explain to me his situation.

I walk again in front of the doors to talk with him and greet him.

I slowly walk beside him and try to reach his head.

Tears slowly come down my eyes to see this sight of him.

I always saw a happy side of him,

but not this side.

I showed Jaehyun that I bring my friend here, Yeeun.

Yeeun greets Jaehyun. They were ex-classmate during middle school but they were never talking to each other.

Every day I go and visit him alone to see his progress of him.

Whether he can survive or not.

It's already the next weeks, they still haven't got a donator for his heart.

I thought he can be survived but he didn't.

he lied to me.

he's gone without saying goodbye to me.

"I hate you Jaehyun".

"I'm sorry"

"for not being a good best friend to you"