Chapter 6-Encounter with a Bomber

LAST TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z

----------
"It's been a while Kakashi-san, Naruto-kun." Itachi greeted them in a quiet, polite voice.
----------

"It has, hasn't it Itachi-san? Last time I saw you, I was running circles around you and your partner," Naruto replied.

"You have grown quite strong I see, Naruto-kun," Itachi complimented in a quiet voice, not acknowledging the taunt.

Itachi said nothing else, simply staring with his sharingan into Naruto's azures. Naruto just averted his eyes and focused on Itachi's forehead. He wasn't afraid of being caught in a genjutsu. Regular genjutsu was a child's play for him, and he had Kurama to break him out of sharingan genjutsu. He silently released all his gravity seals.

"Don't look into his eyes! It's dangerous!" Kakashi ordered tersely.

"Then it's fortunate that there are four of us," Chiyo spoke. "Fighting a Sharingan user alone is often a recipe for disaster, but since we outnumber him, we can attack from multiple directions and prevent him from using his Sharingan against more than one of us. Also, if we get caught in any of his Genjutsu, the others can break it." That was the strategy that was developed long ago for combat situations against an Uchiha.

"Normally, that would work, but Itachi has the Mangekyo Sharingan. The Genjutsu cast by the Mangekyo run their full duration in an instant. The victim will feel the full effects of the illusion, as if 3 three days have passed. Don't look him in the eyes." Kakashi added, remembering far too well what it felt like to be stabbed with a sword for what felt like a small eternity.

"As one would expect from you, Kakashi-san. You understood all that after being affected only once."

"That's not the only thing that I've understood," Kakashi continued, staring Itachi fearlessly. "After you used that genjutsu on me, you were considerably tired and tried to leave as soon as possible."

Itachi said nothing to refute Kakashi's statements, which made Naruto wonder just how much Kakashi knew about Itachi's eyes.

"Apart from using a lot of chakra, your eyes seem to also carry a risk with every usage." Kakashi uncovered his headband slowly, revealing his own sharingan.

Itachi looked as blank as ever, not reacting in the slightest. "Well analyzed, Kakashi-san."

"Not only that, but...tell me this...how bad has your eyesight gotten?"

Kakashi must have said something significant, because for the second time since Naruto had seen the man, Itachi was visibly startled. So much that he closed his eyes for a moment to settle himself on the inside. When he opened his eyes, they were back to being as blank as a wall.

There was a moment where Kakashi and Itachi simply stared at each other. Naruto understood that Itachi must have attempted to catch Kakashi in a genjutsu once more. Then Itachi looked down, and back at Kakashi.

"You....."

Kakashi's response was quite chirpy, given the tense situation. "Not this time Itachi." Then in a quieter voice, he told Naruto, "Take this one, Naruto. I'll cover you."

"Got it."

Itachi slowly pointed a finger at Naruto, not averting his gaze from Kakashi at all. "It's time for you to come with me, Naruto-kun."