⊱ 01. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘶𝘱

chapter one
"the breakup"

i made some minor changes
in the character description,
nothing to worry about :)

i made some minor changesin the character description,nothing to worry about :)

It was a little past midnight when Max Fewtrell woke up from loud sounds. He immediately sat straight as he thought of the possibility of robbers being in his house. Or well, Lando Norris' house.

Max moved out of his last apartment and could stay at his friend's house for the time being. Never had there been trouble at the semi-celebrity's house, but now he was scared for their place and their own wellbeing.

Just at the moment the brunet wanted to get out of bed to warn his housemate, he heard yelling and he could identify the people the voices belonged to.

Lando and his long term girlfriend - and Max's best girl friend - Leslie Bennett were fighting. He couldn't really hear what was going on, but he knew it was bad. The couple had had quite a few disagreements lately, and they were getting worse every time.

This night, it sounded like they could be at war with each other. A door slammed shut loudly and yelling was heard after it again.

Leslie had slammed the door to Lando's bedroom shut, now angrily walking downstairs in just her oversized shirt she normally used as a pyjama. Not too long after, she heard the door open again and Lando ran after her.

"Leslie, come back!" he yelled at her, "You have no right to act like this. You're acting off."

"I don't have a right to be like this? To be angry?" she scoffed, sounding highly offended, which she in fact was. "I am really sorry, but you are the one who's been acting off lately. You get home late many nights and I know that sometimes you drive back home under the influence of alcohol. Or when we are together for once, you act like we're not together at all. I don't know what's changing you Lando, but I don't like this version of you."

The young driver was now also standing at the bottom of the stairs, facing his girlfriend. She was in fact the one who had been acting weird these last couple of weeks. When they were out in public she didn't look for physical contact, even if it was holding hands. And if she had to work a somewhat longer day, she would cancel their plans and go back to her own apartment instead. He didn't think he was the one to take all of the blame.

"Sorry, in what way am I changing, when it's actually been you acting weird. I don't know what's going on in your head, Leslie, but I don't like it either."

Her eyes widened in disbelief. He thought that she was acting differently? How could he. "Listen Lando, you are scaring the shit out of me when I hear you speaking over the phone, driving home from the pub or wherever the hell you have been. I am so fucking scared that you will run someone over or worse; get yourself killed in an accident. You are a professional racing driver, you should know best what the dangers of driving are. I care so much for you, but I can't keep going on like this. It is mentally exhausting and it's also been taking its toll on my body."