Queens Are Made

Before starting this story please be aware of the triggering nature of some of its content. This will be a dark love story containing mentions of r*pe, violence, abuse, strong language, and torture. Please read at your own risk, stories like these are not for everyone, and that is entirely alright. 

Please note that this is in no way shape or form a reflection of normal/healthy relationships, and I have no intentions of glorifying sexual violence and abuse. This is all a work of fiction and the story is set in a somewhat historical time period where the lives of woman were vastly different than they are today. 

Icudia had once been a beautiful and thriving nation. The war with Bodron had left the kingdom in a shadow of its former self. Men were dying. Women and children were starving. The once lively streets were barren. To end the decades long war and finally restore peace to the lands King Parth and King Adnian had agreed to a selection. The selection was an event as old as time, where rival nations settled their differences through matrimony. Princess Isria never thought she would be the blood sacrificed for peace, but as Prince Draec stared at her from across the ballroom, she knew her world would never be the same. Thrust into a life she did not ask for, Isria must learn how to survive in a foreign land where death and deceit lay waiting at every corner. 

Queens are made, but at the cost of the blood, the bone, and everything in between.