Chapter 1 || Meeting

I am very bad at describing things, also if you don't like the way I portray a character in a drawing I add to the start of a chapter know that you can just decide that you don't want that to be the design of the characters in the story sooo, yeah :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream felt a content smile begin to form on his face as he stepped out of his home, a cold breeze hitting his face. He began walking to a familiar shop he visited every day, every worker knew him by name at this point. Though many assumed it was because he enjoyed the sweets or the aesthetic of the shop, in reality, he always went there to see a certain boy.

He worried it made him seem like a stalker, going to the shop at the same time as this boy, always watching him out of the corner of Dream's eye. Now that he thought about it it did seem strange but it had become a routine. Wake up, get ready, walk to the coffee shop, order a drink, and wait for the boy.

Over time Dream began to learn more things about this mystery man, of course not through actually talking to him, no no no! It had come from observing.

He learned that every Wednesday the boy came in with a taller brown-haired man, he seemed much older in his late 20s to early 30s. Always wore the same yellow sweater and trench coat. He has a clump of hair that was pure white, the boy seemed to share a similar trait. Which led Dream to wonder if the two were related.

Dream also found out the boy would come every Friday with a different person every week. One week it would be a tall man with half white half black hair. The next would be a loud blonde boy, who dream noted also shared the trait of a part of their hair being a pure white color, and the last would be a short goat hybrid.

Dream never knew why he was so interested in this boy, perhaps it was his bright orange hair, or how they seemed to know everyone at the cafe, or how their laugh was addictive and caused a warm feeling to bubble up in Dreams chest. He would never know. One thing he did know was they were never going to speak, ever.

At least he hoped that would be the case.

Walking into the shop he walked up to the front, the worker greeting him as usual.

"Want your usual?" The worker asked, looking at the man before turning back to the cash register. "Yes." Dream spoke softly, doing the same thing he did every day. He never changed his routine, he disliked change.

"Here's your drink" Dream muttered a thanks, walking to the corner of the cafe, silently sipping on his drink. After a few moments the bell above the door chimed, Dream glanced up and it was just who he expected.

The boy had his orange hair tied into a small ponytail today, his fox-like ears flattened against his head so his hat could fit on his head. He wore the same jacket every day, a black zip-up jacket with red, blue and yellow stripes near the zippers. He wore a white shirt underneath with a pair of blue jeans. His tail swayed slowly, brushing against the floor as he spoke to the worker at the front.

He got his drink but something Dream hadn't expected happened. The boy walked in his direction, smiling at Dream. "Hey, is it alright if  I sit here?" He asked, pointing to the seat across from Dream. Dream nodded, trying to figure out why he would want to sit in the corner."I noticed you were always by yourself so, I thought I could keep you company? Jeez, that sounds weird" The boy chuckled, taking a sip of his coffee. Dream merely watched the boy, eyes following the others. He was caught off guard when the other made eye contact with him.

"I uh, didn't get your name." The orange-haired boy muttered, looking at Dream with questioning eyes.

"Ah, it's Dream. Yours is?"

"Fundy."

Dream nodded, Fundy. He was finally able to get his name. "That's a nice name," Dream said under his breath, not expecting the other to hear. "Thank you," Fundy stated, a soft smile forming on his face. Dream felt that warm feeling bubble in his chest again, furrowing his brows in frustration.

Fundy let out a soft giggle, his tail swaying back and forth from delight. "Oh, your fun." He smiled, leaning closer to the blonde. Dream turned away slightly, feeling his face grow warm. Fundy sighed, watching Dream come back to reality.

Dream took a long sip of his drink, eyes watching Fundy. "So why do you come here every day?" Fundy asked, eyes looking at something on the other side of the room. Dream thought about his words, he couldn't just say "oH i come here to watch you" So he did what he did best and made up lies. "It's the closest shop I can walk to from my house." Dream stated it wasn't like it was a complete lie. It wasn't one of the closest shops but there are ones that are closer. "What about you?"

Fundy perked up at that, looking at Dream. He let out a soft chuckle "It's because, according to my father, he's known the manager since they were like kids. We got a discount. I'm not too sure how he convinced the manager to do that... Here we are." Fundy waited for a while, waiting for Dream's response."That's cool." Dream stated before he held his head in his hand muttering something along the lines of "Why didn't you think of a better response, idiot" Fundy held back a laugh, hand covering his mouth.

Eventually, the two calmed down, Fundy grabbing his phone and checking the time. Dream noted that he had a plain black phone case but several key chains hung off from the bottom of his phone. There was a long string of beads, the color order being in green, blue, red, and pink. The blue bead seemed like it was about to fall apart, several cracks and bits having fallen off the bead. The second key chain had what looked like one of those Spotify scan things.

"Oh Jeez." Fundy muttered, "I'm sorry, I forgot my uncle wanted to see me today. Here? Same time tomorrow?" Fundy asked, beginning to grab his things, right before he walked away he turned back to Dream, "I-I mean if you're okay with it?" Fundy looked at dream with expectant eyes. "Sure." Fundy perked up at that, his tail beginning to wave back and forth. "Cool! Awesome, great. I'll see you tomorrow." Fundy was beaming, he waved bye to Dream one last time before walking out of the shop.

Now Dream was alone, he sat in the shop for a moment before getting up and making his way back home. As he walked he set a reminder on his phone.

"Get to the Cafe by —— to see Fundy"

He didn't know why that brought him so much joy, maybe it was because he could finally put a name to his face, maybe it was because he could hear Fundy's laugh without feeling like a stalker, maybe it was because he had been wanting to speak to Fundy for an unknown reason this whole time. Dream didn't know, but he did know he was going to see Fundy tomorrow.

——————-

[1221 Words]

omg breaking news: Tobias uses Wattpad for the first time in years after abandoning it for Ao3 😱

stalker dream not realizing he's a fucking stalker </3