Mission Start

Sitting in a church, listening to a master sonstress sing about bullsh** was not my plan of a good day. But it was necessary. Dante neede someone in the congregation to keep an eye out for someone that Lady had mentioned. This kid named Nero. He had been injured but radiated demonic energy. I had yet to see him. 

I sighed as I looked around. I ws going to fall asleep if something didn't happen soon. I I thought back to when Lady came in with the job. 

I was sitting on Dante's lap, reading two handguns with him as he ate a piece of pizza. 

"Dante." I said, laying my head on his neck.

"Yeah, babe?" He asked.

"Do we have any missions coming up?" I wondered, playing with his glove that I had slipped off of his hand. 

"No, why? You bored?" He questioned. I nodded against his chest, curling up slightly and smiling as I inhaled his scent. Lady walked in and I smirked at her posture, she had a job for us. Trish, who was by the jukebox, walked over and I slipped off Dante, who whined as I moved, and onto the desk. 

"What you got, Lady?" I demanded, looking at her from my spot on the desk. She smiled at my eagerness and asked us if we had heard of the Order of the Sword. 

"Order of the Sword? Can't say I have. Religion and I don't really mix." 

"It's a small congregation that gathers on the small island of Fortuna. I guess the only people who would've heard of this would be the ones interested in this sort of stuff." 

"Like you." I commented. Lady nodded.

"Exactly." She agreed. "How much do you know about Sparda?" 

"Rumors." Dante said, after looking at Trish and I. Lady looked at us before explaining. 

"Well, the legend says that Sparda was once the Feudal Lord of the city long ago.The people there take the legends as truth and worship him. Just like a god."

"Worshiping a demon as a god?" I exclaimed, surprised. "Humans truly are stupid." I walked away, upstairs to get Demon and Angel. I put Demon, my sword, on my back. Demon is a black with red inside, one-sided exicutionor's blade with a double handed grip and a demon skull build into the hilt. Angel is a white, semi-automatic, single barrel gun that has a silver wing engraved into the grip. I holstered Angel at my hip and walked back downstairs to see Trish leave with Sparda and writing 'See You Soon' in lipstick on the wall in it's place. I smirked before walking up to Dante. "Want help?" I purred. Dante smirked an gave me a kiss on the lips. 

"Definately." He responded. 

I looked up as a kid with white hair and his arm in a sling appeared stealthily in a pew. "Must be Nero." I thought to myself. The songstress sat beside Nero and Sanctus began preaching about Sparda. I personally zoned it out until the kid stood up. Nodding my head, Dante took the signal and burst throught the ceiling, landing in front of Sanctus. He shot Sanctus in the head. The crowd erupted into screams of fear and running. The guards ran forward as the head guard yelled, "His Holiness." I snorted. Like that faker is holy. I ran up to a balcony and grabbed Demon and Angel from their hiding spot up there.

Nero began to fight Dante which I found entertaining, right up until Nero's arm was revealed. My eyes widened. "Vergil." I whispered. I sighed. When Nelo Angelo died, the part of Vergil that was still himself had exploded and his soul had been shattered. My guess is  part of the soul had attatched to the kid's shoulder. Nero began to seriously whale on Dante and slammed him into the ground, punching him several times, causing Dante to almost trigger. "It must really hurt if he has to stop himself from triggering." I muttered. Nero picked Dante up and threw him into the statue, shortly followed by stabbing him with his own sword. I began laughed loudly, causing Nero to glance at me before he looked back at Dante, who had started to talk and remove himself from being stuck to the statue. I jumped down from the balcony as Dante disappeared. 

"Hey kid." I greeted, walking up to Nero as Order guards swarmed into the room. Nero looked at me.

"What was funny?" He demanded.

"Sorry." I smiled. "It's just I know who that is and he wasn't about to die after a small fight like that." I snickered. Nero looked at me weird before asking the question that most people asked me. 

"What's with the hood?" Now, I should probably explain. I am wearing a black hood over most of my face. It covers my head and part of my shoulders. It is seperate from my outfit, which is a white short sleeved button up shirt with a black corset over top and black pants with gladiator sandals. 

"I wear the hood to conceal my face so my enemies can't find me." I said, shrugging. Nero nodded. "Lyra." I extended my hand towards the teen.

"Nero." He shook my hand firmly. At that point, the head of the Order walked over and began telling Nero about how Dante had been seen heading towards Fortuna Castle. The songstress brought Nero a sword case and Nero became excited about it, saying it was the best battle companion a swordsman could ask for. The songstress walked away and I followed. She knelt beside a crushed present and tried to open the clasp. I slid my hand over hers and opened it easily. I slipped it onto her neck and she smiled at me. 

"You look beautiful." I complimented. She smiled and thanked me. "Do I get to know the name of the woman I aided?"

"My name's Kyrie." She said, bowing her head in embarassment as she was blushing. I walked towards Nero who was getting a mission from the head guard. Nero smiled at Kyrie when she expressed concern about his arm. 

Suddenly the building began shaking, crumbling and raining down stone dust. We ran outside to see a man get attacked by a scarecrow. Nero and I ran at the demons as Kyrie and Credo, as I found out, got the civilians away from the mob. 

Just as Kyrie spotted a little boy crying and ran to protect him. I snarled under my breath and stopped the demon before it hit her. "Get out of here!" I yelled at the idiotic girl. She had charged blindly in. If I hadn't stopped the demon, the only difference would be that Kyrie would be dead along with the boy. But I was here so both were alive. Kyrie and the boy ran out of the area and an arch broke blocking our escape that way. 

Nero and I quickly dispatched the demons and ran through a door that Nero said would get us to Fortuna Castle. We went throught the upper level of the city, staying to second floors and rooves. Nero was being silent so I had to break the silence. "So what's with the arm?" 

"It just happened one day." I nodded at his answer. 

"Well, I gotta say, It's cool as Hell." I smirked. 

"Are you always talkative?" Nero demanded. 

"Why? Got a problem?"

"Yeah, you're loud and demons will hear us." I scoffed.

"They'll know we're here anyways, what's the point?" I asked. Nero smirked at my words as we entered the port. We entered this side building and fought our way to the top where we saw the control panel to drop the bridge. We pushed a few buttons before I gave up and walked away. I could just fly over. Nero gave up as well and in a fit, shot the machinery twice. This cause the bridge to lower.

"Cool." I shrugged.