Escaping

Sam contacts an old friend, a witch specializing in travel and healing. He met her at college when people magically started getting better from a bad pneumonia outbreak. 

She agrees to get them into heaven with a little power boost from Castiel. 

They can't get very far into heaven though, a lot of sneaking around and using back entrances before they get anywhere near where a human soul can survive. 

Sam goes inward, easily blending into the other humans than Cas ever would. 

Jess finds Cas, recognizing him from the brief description Dean gave her before the angels dragged him away and point him in the right direction. 

Barely manages to stop himself from getting caught by Uriel, or jumping him and burning his angel blade in to the man's chest for everything he's done. 

Slowly and carefully walking to the room trying not to activate anything, he spots Dean. Bloodly, bruised, strung together like a age old puppet, but breathing and alive. Cas can't spot himself from running to him, somehow not turning on any alarms or traps. 

Carefully destroying the chaines around Dean's wrists, ankles, and... in his shoulders. Catching him before Dean falls, looking right into his eyes doing so. 

Bright green emerald eyes glassy and unfocused, Dean manages a small smile and whispers in Castiel's ear "I really hope your really here Cas" before closing his eyes and slumping over. 

Panicing to make sure Dean's not dead, Cas doesn't notice an angel walking through the corridors and raising a signal at the destroyed door and rebel angel. 

Sworms of celensal beings come in, Cas teleports them outside, refusing to leave with Sam. Partically because Dean would kill him. 

He's gonna hate you anyway for leaving, if you leave now he'll at least be alive to hate you...   

Cas hurries, using a hex bag from their witch friend to hide them temparoraly. 

Sam is still walking around, almost  slicing Cas's throat when he grabs him. Sam nearly has a heart attack opon seeing Dean, taking a second to recognize his brother. 
Mainly by the amulet still hanging from around his neck. 

Part of the spell is they have to get back to where they arrive before they can leave, causing more problems they thought. 

There are thousands of angels searching for their triatorious brother and the Righteous man. 

Cas sets Dean down as he fights his kin, Sam rushing to do the quick ritual that would send them home. 

Cas is getting overwellemed quickly and it's not safe to use his grace to teleport them out, especially with it leaving the spell unfinished so his brothers and sisters can use it to find their friends. 

Sam shouts to get inside the rune so he can start the incandation. Cas hugs Dean to his chest gently as Sam activates the wards, keeping the angels away long enough for them to leave.

In the flash of light that conumes them as they leave, all Cas can think about is how much his reminds him of his journey in hell (albiet that was much longer) and how he finally got Dean back. 

Meanwhile angels are cast from there home for failing to stop the Winchesters and demons crawl out of hell more and more by the day. 

Dean may be free, but the war has only begun.