SEVEN

Chapter 7 // Intervals of Time
[CAPIAN]

"The Special Force has 4 Official Squads. Squad 1 is headed by Captain Silvermoon, Squad 2 handled by Inspector Athane, Squad 3 Captain Arvad, and lastly Squad 4 is still in progress of structuring their roles."

Its all about the timing.

"so, what is your choice?"

Daniel looked up to her, dark eyebags stretching tight against his features before giving her a small grin.

"I made a promise on no killing Rose. Promises are promises. I intend to keep them." He spoke softly, hands busy unclasping the screw of the cylinder tube before pouring them inside the soles of his shoes.

Daniel's boots had been specifically modified due to his morals and his beliefs. He stands by the 'no-killing' rule, and mostly relies on not using his weapons to capture his targets. But today is an exception as he held his boot higher, till the last drop from the canister was filtered in the hole at the back of his boots, located at the heel of his soles. "hopefully this is enough."

"fine, don't waste too much. It took me ages to have them!" Rose exclaims, approaching an abandoned delivery truck with a mischievous smirk. "need a lift, brother?"

"don't bother!" he shouts before leaping off to find the highest watch tower, which is hopefully not destroyed by the monster.

He takes a deep breath once he finds what he is looking for. Inhaling the air, he could still sniff out the acrid scent of charcoal still buzzing with life, dancing pillars of fire glowing a bright angry vermilion in the distance and lastly, the metallic tinge of blood.

It stuck to the back of his throat, sickly sweet. A deep contrast to its origins. Officers are falling, the more they wait the more pungent the taste in his mouth gets.

He cupped his hands against his ears to focus on it, the sound of that melodious beat. Daniel was a boy gifted a peculiar talent. He has a keen sense of hearing. It pained him to even have it, but the more he aged, the more he got used to it.

The sound of human's distinctive way of breathing, the clicking joints of moving bones, and the scratchiness of ligaments and muscles being stretched. Even going to a public area left the boy with a bloody nose from the strain of absorbing these information.

He could remember something, so distinct he couldn't stop thinking of it in moments of fear.

The last time the creature latched onto Daniel's leg, he could instantly feel the thunderous beat from the monster's flesh. A slow rhythmic pause as it studied the young boy flailing around in its grip.

'1?2? no that's not it,' he thought, brows furrowing as he concentrated more. His eyes flickered open as he turned to his right, buildings rumbling as a huge colossal shadow obscured it.

The slimy creature revealed itself , peculiar eyes blinking from all parts of its body, and they were all blinking at the boy's direction. Daniel challenged the monster with a stare of his own. "that's right. It's all in the matter of timing."

+++++++++

[LEWIS]

There's no way Lewis would die here, right?

The troop's voice was muffled as he tried to stop the inevitable hold he has on the gun's trigger. "a-away! N-now!"

The cold tip of the weapon pressed on his temple, the steel digging into his skin, eliciting a hiss as the contact drew blood.

Lewis couldn't believe it. Out of all the times he stepped out the door with death on his shoulders as he goes for his missions, this was the night he didn't thought of it.