Chapter 3: First Dates (Violetta)

"You know Violetta" Leon begins."You are so...different to what I had expected"

I wipe my mouth and look at him."How?" I ask, not sure whether to be offended."What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well I mean, many girls would love to marry me" Leon begins."I mean just look at me"

"You know what?" I say."I'm done here" I stand my and grab my bag but he grabs my arm.

"I was kidding" Leon laughs and it eventually makes me laugh too."Sit"

I do as he says and tuck back into my food."So what's Mexico like?"

"It's beautiful at this time of year" Leon says and I sigh happily.

"I've always wanted to go but I have never left Spain" I admit.

"You should come back with me" Leon says and I laugh uncomfortably.

"Leon" I begin."This is our first date and you want me to come to Mexico with you?"

"Well we are getting married.."

"Can we not mention that?" I ask and take a sip of my drink.

"Violetta, is there something wrong?" Leon asks."I mean you don't seem happy and I know that it's a lot for you but it seems more than that"

"Leon, I haven't been completely honest with you" I admit."There's...someone else"

"Who?" Leon says as he looks at me."I thought that you were..."

"My Dad doesn't know and things will stay like that" I say sternly."I have a boyfriend who isn't a 'royal' or of high status"

"So what are you going to do?" Leon says."People like us don't date normal people, it's just..wrong"

"I love Diego" I say quietly."And it's not going to change..."

"Well this date is over" Leon says."Can I take you home?"

"Sure" I say as he helps me out of my seat, leaves the money and we go outside.

"So what is....?"

Suddenly a bunch of paparazzi come out of some bushes and begins snapping photos of us.I try and hide my face but because of the flashing light, it's really hard to see.Leon then grabs my hand and helps me into a car and we drive off.