Still Enough Time (Mama Inky Shorts)

NOTE: I thought of this heh, and my brain was all like "Do it roach-" An Mama Inky Short where the kids are older! But...not as gud Ink imagined.
•♡•

The protector felt confused, it seemed like time himself turned to the future, ever so quickly. He was surprised at his kids, they were all...grown up.

A surprise indeed.

Yet, Ink couldn't ignore the feeling of worry, why had time gone so fast? His children...kids, were already planning on leaving the artist.

And they were all ignoring him.

How frightening, and Ink hates being alone.

As to the present, the now old protector watched as the now grown up kids pack up for their own adventures, without knowing that more dangers were out there, and had never been told about it.

"K-kids, do you need anything? Just...please, please speak to me.." The older tried, tried to at least get them to speak and look at him, but they never responded.

They were like robots, and never listened to their creator when not controlled.

Ink would never control his kids, why had they turn their backs on him? 

"..."

They never spoke, never bothered to look at him, not even a glance, and they never chatted with each other.

The protector stared at them and in a panicked state, tried speaking to them, to try and let them to stay with Ink longer.

He was scared.

He doesn't want to be alone, in a large place, with no one around, nobody to talk too, nobody to give his soulless love too, he artificially and emotionally loved his kids at the same time.

He loved his kids! Even with fake feelings! Was that the reason they were leaving? Because he couldn't feel any real emotion? 

As Ink helplessly watched the kids almost out of the small pocket AU, he shouted out to them, he didn't want them to leave!

"You guys are worrying me, why won't you look at me!?" They didn't even move.

"D-did I do something wrong? I'll change!" Still, unmoving.

"Paperjam! Moku! Gradient!" They didn't move.

"Blueprint! Pallette! Stain!" Neither did they.

"PLEASE SPEAK TO ME!" Until...

"..." They stared at him.

"..." With pitch black void eyes.

"STOP STARING AT ME LIKE THAT!"

°♡°

Ink gasped, panting and visibly shaking, he tried to calm down, but he couldn't stop shaking. The skeleton hugged his knees and sobbed quietly, trying to not make any sound any louder for his...kids.