All Day Marathon of Pain

"Do you hear me talking', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass." -Marsellus Wallace to Zed

"Where are we going now?" Serena asked. It's the 4th day of her time with Ash. Day one had her witness crime occur in front of her, and then the offenders getting murdered right in front of her face. Day 2 saw her getting a front row seat to the kind of business her father runs. Both days saw her learning things about the world that a sheltered life simply cannot teach. The third day went off without a hitch. Sitting in Ash's apartment and watching TV or reading books, almost boring compared to the eventful past 2. However, today Ash promised to do something fun outside.

"We're heading over to see one of my old friends near Poliwag Lake"

"Where is that?"

"It's just over the hill right over Unknown Studios. I've known her since I was a kid."

About half an hour later, the car pulled into a parking lot by a beautiful pristine lake, with nothing but green fields and hills surrounding it. In the water Serena can see a few boats lazing about, their occupants enjoying the beautiful day. Serena got out and watched, mesmerized, the bright, quiet and natural lake is a complete contrast to the loud, bustling and modern city she spent most of her 25 years of life in. 'Maybe one day I can move here, get a house, with Ash-' she shook her head 'What am I thinking? Ash will have to go in a few days and we might never see each other again, might as well forget it'

"Hey, Serena, you alright? Cmon, we don't have all day." Ash held out his hand to her, with his usual bright and friendly smile on his face. Serena felt her face redden slightly and took his hand. The two walked along the sidewalk, admiring the view before reaching the docs. Suddenly, Ash called out "Hey, Misty! Long time no see!" Serena looked in Ash's direction. She saw a woman loading a boat with equipment. She had short, ginger hair braided to one side. She wore an orange tank top and shorts, showing her athletic build. Ash ran over to the woman and shook her hand.

Breaking the handshake, Misty spoke up first. "So what brings you here?"

"I felt like going fishing today."

"Well you're in luck! I just finished loading up my boat and-" Misty peeked behind Ash and noticed Serena holding his hands. She smirked and a glint developed in her eyes "Oh I see, you're taking your girlfriend on a date, aren't you?"

"SHE/HE IS NOT MY GIRL/BOYFRIEND!" Ash and Serena yelled at the same time, realized what both of them said, and blushed, covering their mouths.

Misty put her hand up in defense, but still had a smile on her face "Whatever you two say, but I heard this lake is a great place for couples to spend a day. Cmon, the sun won't be out forever." She stepped into the boat and started the motor. Ash rolled his eyes and gestured for Serena to follow him. Serena, on the other hand, is still red from the short conversation and Ash had to pull her onto the boat.

A few minutes later, the boat is now a few hundred meters from the shore, and Misty started setting up her fishing rod with professional speed, and before you knew it she was already casted into the water. Ash also is preparing his rod with little difficulty and casted shortly after Misty. Serena, on the other hand, looked at her fishing rod with confusion. Ash, noticing her predicament, set his rod down and went over to help her. "Here, let me show you how it's done. Ash picked up a lure from the tackle box and tied the line around it before tightening. "There you go, now cast" Serena continues to have a perplexed look on her face. Ash then demonstrated the casting method before reeling in and giving Serena a try. This time, she casted perfectly. Before long, Misty reeled in a large bass, which flopped around on deck. Misty picked it up and threw it in a nearby cooler, earning her a look from Serena.