Smile

I recommend to listen to the music above!! It doesn't change the story but sets the mood.
————————

It was a normal day at Karasuno volleyball club, everyone was having fun as it was the last week of school. They were all goofing around and enjoying each other's presence before heading out for the holidays.

Hinata was chasing Kageyama as Kageyama stole Hinata's phone. It was locked so it wasn't like there would be much to do with it so Kageyama stood as high as he could and snapped a selfie of him smiling. Hinata jumped and took the phone but Kageyama had already spammed a couple of photos of him smiling at the camera.

Hinata giggled before heading over to Nishinoya and Tanaka. Kageyama chuckled and walked over to Yamaguchi, Yachi and his boyfriend, Tsukishima. It was always quiet with them which Kageyama enjoyed. Hinata was a very loud friend to have, he loved him but sometimes he needed a break.

Tsukishima smiled at his handsome boyfriend who was heading his way. 'Hey baby.' Tsukishima said softly while hugging Kageyama. 'Hello cutie.' Kageyama responded before leaving a quick kiss on Tsukishima's lips. Yamaguchi and Yachi fake gagged and they all started laughing. It was always chill with them.

Kageyama was now sitting in Tsukishima's lap on the gym floor. His back pressed against Tsukishima's chest. Tsukishima had his arms wrapped around Kageyama's waist. Yachi and Yamaguchi were both sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall behind them. The group had some light conversations but it was interrupted by loud laughter.

'What's so funny guys?' Yamaguchi asked slightly smiling. Tanaka, Hinata and Nishinoya were all wheezing from laughter. Hinata was practically cackling and gasping for air. 'Cmon you three show us!! What's so funny!' Yachi called out. Tanaka, Nishinoya and Hinata slowly made their way towards the group, struggling to walk because of the laughter.

They eventually reached Yachi and the others and calmed down a bit. Nishinoya took out what looked like Hinata's phone. He showed them the image and everyone started laughing. Well except Tsukishima and Kageyama. It was a photo of Kageyama that he just took. Kageyama meant to have a cute smile. It felt cute to him when he took it. But the image said otherwise.

Usually Tsukishima would laugh as well but when you know why Kageyama doesn't smile properly it's not very funny anymore. Kageyama attempted to chuckled a little and nudged Tsukishima so he could join in the laughter. Kageyama didn't want other people knowing why he struggled to smile. In his mind it's embarrassing.

The laughter died down but Yamaguchi and Yachi went over to Nishinoya , Hinata and Tanaka to laugh at the rest of the photos. They are all close and making fun of each other is a daily occurrence so they weren't being mean, they were just unaware of the fact that Kageyama is insecure about his smile.

'Hey babe you want to walk outside?' Tsukishima questioned kissing Kageyama's cheek. Kageyama was still positioned in Tsukishima's lap and was sure that Tsukishima's legs were getting numb. He nodded and they stood up, walking outside. Right behind the gym was an oval which was great for walking, especially in sunny weather like today.

'So you feeling ok? I know you know that they didn't mean any harm but um you can talk to me you know?' Tsukishima spoke. The pair had only been together for 3 months. It may seem like a lot but it feels like two weeks for them. Tsukishima and Kageyama walked in silence for a while until Kageyama decided to respond.

'You know, I really hate my smile. I hate it so so much. Like absolutely loathe it. I wish I had a normal childhood. I would know how to smile on demand you know? When I'm genuinely happy I smile like a normal person but when it comes to forcing a smile I just can't do it.' Tsukishima looked over to see a pained expression on Kageyama's face, he wrapped an arm around his shoulder for comfort as they continued to walk.