Chapter 7: The Truth

"What truth?..", Carlos said with confusion. "It's a note... from my friends.. with a USB drive taped onto this paper....", I replied while I was wiping my tears. Carlos looked surprised but also worried. "What does the note say?..", Carlos asked. I read the note. "Dear reader, if you find this note... We are really in need of help, the electricity still works.. At least for now I think. Use this USB, plug it to the laptop, and watch the video inside. This is our call for h....", I stopped reading. The table of where the note was placed had bloody hand marks on it. And there was drops of blood stained onto the floor like someone was bleeding slowly and was forced to walk and find help. We found a laptop on another table on a small desk with a chair in the corner. Carlos and I looked at each other with a mix of a scared and hesitant face. But, I took the USB drive and put it inside the laptop. And we watched the video. "Okay, Okay... Is this camera working?...", that voice sounded like Lily... "Right now, my friend Scarlett is trying to write a note as fast as she can... I don't know where to begin.. I need tell you what happened first..", I was really worried.. If they were here, how did they get all the way here and back to the other side, or better yet.. Where are they now?..." My friends and I had to do this project about ancient gods and goddesses. But my friend,"Emma Thomson", found a strange book and what looked like a ritual on a piece of paper and we did what the paper wanted us to do...", Carlos looked at me with pure fear and... anger..." That's when things started to go wrong...", I needed to know.. And Carlos looked like he wanted to know as well... So, we both looked at the screen and saw that Lily looked like she had been crying for hours and her voice sounded like she was whispering..... And she was full of fear and worry.. " Scarlett and I were about to tell Emma that we were done setting up everything. But we saw that was passing out... Her mom came upstairs and was also trying to help...... but then, he showed up....", I felt the table slowly shacking and I realized that Carlos was upset about this.. " The city immediately tried to evacuate, but we were sounded by these creatures.. We believe they are called soulless....", So that's what those things were called..."Scarlett and I ended up in a dead end. A cliff. We somehow made the jump. We found this place... So, but as it turned out... We aren't safe here... We are trying to seek help right now and.....", Carlos, Lily, and I all herd Scarlett screaming in agony...... " WE NEED HELP RIGHT AWAY-", we herd Lily screaming and crying... " Hmm.... You'll make some use.. eventually....", A weird deep, echoing, and.... Soothing voice had said... The video ended with glitching noises and loud screams.. Carlos and I looked at each other. " I don't understand this...", my brother said while sitting down on a somehow a mostly clean couch looking on the ground. Then, that's when I noticed the writings on the walls.. " To those who seek the truth, find the missing piece of the puzzle. if you find it, you will see things that are beyond belief. If you believe, you will find perfection", I said while reading out loud. Carlos immediately looked at the writings. "We need to go......", Carlos said panicking. I immediately took the USB, the paper, & the laptop and put them into my backpack. We began running as fast as we can.. I knew we should've not have gone inside.. But, now I know what those zombie things are, how my friends became those "soulless", and what happened while I was passed out... And that also brought up another question..... What does it mean by "Perfection"... I need to seek the truth. But... At what cost?....
To be continued in:
A broken soul chapter 8: lost & found